○.72

The sun crawled into the apartment, spilling on the messy sheets and exposed skin. Tangled together in a heap of silk pajamas and skin, Byeongkwan and Jun stirred.

Fingers twitched as Jun woke from his deep sleep, his brain lagging like a Windows computer with six tabs open to register where he was. When his blurry eyes landed on his bestfriends sleeping face, it finally registered. He was passed out and tangled up with Byeongkwan in the soft cotton sheets.

Detangling himself from his best friend, Jun rolled out of bed and stumbled to the bathroom. Relieving his bladder he proceeded to scrub his hands with the soap. Letting his mind wander as he scrubbed, he once again found himself thinking of Donghun.

Donghun was only a year older than Jun, with sharp eyes and strong hands. Donghun was a computer hacker genius who worked for the Jeolla-do Jaguar Triad, though he could never be specific to Jun about all that he's done. Jun laughed to himself often about how he inevitably got involved in the mafia world like his best friend.

Donghun was interesting, chock full of secrets and mystery. He was covered in tattoos, and always worked at night. He had an obsession with little figurines and had hundreds stuck to his computers and work room. Donghun cried a lot, but could also be very violent. When he and Jun were on their first date, he nearly beat a man to death for calling Jun a whore.

Jun found himself smiling at the memory, drying his hands and walking to the kitchen to start the coffee pot.

Donghun and Jun met one day, a year to the day tomorrow, when Donghun stumbled into Juns hair salon bleeding out from multiple stab wounds and deep gashes. He had been cornered and beaten by a rival gang for exposing their trafficking ring. Juns hair salon was open till four in the morning, and it was the first open building Donghun had found.

Jun patched the boy up, doing his best to match the stitches with the lines of the tattoos so they wouldn't destroy the beautiful body art. They didn't speak the entire time, but it wasn't awkward. Jun could feel Donghuns eyes on him the entire time, and he couldn't deny that he let his eyes wander more than once.

Donghun left that same night, but returned in the afternoon with a notepad and bouquet of peach roses in full bloom. They sat and talked in the back room, and as the day dragged on and their conversation grew to them going out to dinner. That dinner turned to Donghun stopping by the salon a couple times a week to exchanging numbers and then their first date.

Their first date was romantic and beautiful. Donghun took Jun to a beautiful lake, the water gin clear with a small white sand beach. The few trees created nice shade, and Donghun and laid out a couple of big, soft blankets. There were a couple of plush pillows and a picnic basket full of food.

Donghun had cooked everything, and brought a bottle of nice wine. Jun cried when they got there, scaring Donghun half to death.

When he got himself under control and explained why he was crying, Donghun burst out into a smile and pulled Jun into a hug.

Jun had cried because no man he had ever gone out had done anything as sweet and romantic before. Hell, he had never been on a true date before. Because of who he was, he had always been a target for a joke or dare, even a target for discrimination in some areas of his life. 

Donghun made him relax from his and Byeongkwans hectic lives. His heart beat steady and he wasn't on high alert while he was around the tattooed computer hacker. All of the tension in his body went slack, and he could be his dorky dance obsessed self. They bounced back and forth ideas and possibilities, talked things out when they fought, and had each others back no matter what.

With Donghun being selectively mute, their relationship was definitely not standard. Communication took more effort, but was better and easier. The two worked amazing together, and loved each other dearly.

And now that Donghun finally spoke to Jun with his voice instead of a notepad, their relationship was only going to get stronger.