.23. (NEW) .23.

The afternoon light was streaming through those galaxy curtains at Byeongkwans balcony doors. A chill was running through the air as fall was nearing. Outside people moved about their lives as usual, it was just another. Byeongkwan could hear the hustle and bustle of city life from his apartment despite the balcony doors being closed. The sound was a welcomed white noise.

"Do you still have your yearbooks from high school?" Byeongkwan asked over the phone. The device was pressed precariously between his ear and shoulder as he worked.

He was doing the dishes and cleaning the small kitchen, preparing for a weekend with his bestie. Since he had another two weeks before he could do live shows, he was spending time with Jun. Before his life hit the shitter about three years ago he and Jun would have weekly movie nights. With his life being a mess and Juns job slowly gaining more and more popularity, their time together had become more and more infrequent.

"Yeah, in some box covered in an inch of dust somewhere. Why?" Jun replied, the sound of a backpack zipper being undone in the background. Byeongkwan never really understood why Jun brought clothes over with him everytime he came over. He always ended up stealing something from Byeongkwans closet, he had his own toothbrush, and free access to all of the makeup and toiletries in his best friend's home.

"I'm trying to remember someone I think we went to high school with. My yearbooks got destroyed in the move from moms." Byeongkwan replied with a sigh, drying his hands.

"I'll dig them out and bring them over. Better have some extra booze if we're going through those books though, it's gonna be one hell of a rollercoaster."

Byeongkwan hummed, "I'm going grocery shopping soon so I'll stock up. Want anything specific?"

"Nah, I'm good, thanks. I'm also bringing some stuff over so don't go overboard. "

Byeongkwan hummed and hung up, cutting Jun off mid sentence. He was in a good mood, despite not being able to work with a broken nose. He found himself missing his usual streams. Though, he counted himself lucky. Back in high school and his few years of college, Byeongkwan had gotten jumped and beaten severely on multiple occasions. And as usual, while he fought tooth and nail to defend himself, the school blamed him for provoking the fights.

So, in retrospect, a broken nose was no big deal. Especially when he got to redirect some well hidden rage onto a person who deserved it.

-

-

-

-

After night fell something dark took place. Lives were both lost and saved. That plan that Sehyoon had been slaving away to perfect was put into action. The plan had worked smoothly and successfully, every member of the rival mafia had silently been erased. There was no trace left, no trail of bodies or blood. The sea would welcome a new shipment the following morning.

Now, everyone could breathe and loosen their ties. A threat to them, and the neighborhood that had been terrorized, was gone for good.

Sehyoons plan worked, like always. No one was surprised and no one doubted him. Though, he would never take full credit for how smoothly a plan went. A plan was only as good as the team that acted upon it. His plans worked because he knew the teams he was working with. They trusted him just as much as they trusted each other. Because of that trust a plan had yet to fail.

With that problem solved Sehyoon could relax. He needed a break fairly badly. His father had been correct about his job being the one doing him. For some reason this case had really worked its way under his skin. Maybe because the mafia they had taken out had been terrorizing familes, ripping children away from their families and selling them for horrendous reasons. Maybe it was because they were so damn arrogant and proud about being assholes and bullies to people who were too poor to protect themselves because the police were on the payroll of those bullying them. Their destruction brought him a lot of pleasure.

But now, as he sat himself down in front of the tv in his living room, he was seeking another form of pleasure. With a text to a hacker within his fathers mafia, Donghun - the best of the best, the ghost - to pull any mafia related background information on the camboy babJ96. Sehyoon wanted to be involved with this man but he couldn't let himself get clouded by lust and jeopardize his family's safety - he would never forgive himself if something happened to them.