○.89

As they drove down the highway to the family plot, it began raining again. Dark gray, overcast clouds were thick. Rain poured heavily, beating at the roof of the moving car harshly. The windshield wipers worked overtime as their driver weaved in between traffic.

The trip was silent. Byeongkwan held onto Sehyoons hand tightly, rubbing over the scars on his hand gently. Every once in a while Sehyoon would squeeze his hand tightly, Byeongkwan noticed a pattern between the squeezing and tears pooling in the otherwise emotion-hiding man.

When the reached the family plot, there were already a bunch of cars lined up. Exhaust and cigarette smoke mixed with the rain, hanging heavy around every ones heads. The sea of people cleared as the capos car pulled into the lot.

Sehyoon stepped out of the car first, popping open a black umbrella. With one hand, he led Byeongkwan out of the car. Byeongkwan cradled the bouquet of Lupine in one arm, tightly grasping Sehyoons hand with the other. Murmurs spread throughout the sea of mafia members at the sight of the pretty man on their new Capos arm.

They cleared way, bowing as Sehyoon passed them. Only now, seeing all of his newfound family together, did Sehyoon let tears fall again.