○.92

Ignore the image in the media, its basically how i feel right now. Lowkey regretting telling myself that i was gonna make it a goal to attempt to finish this book before the new year lol.
Oh well, let me know what you think of this short chapter:]

The newly appointed Capo and his lover had made their way to the bottom floor to mingle and meet members. Sehyoon had an arm around Byeongkwans waist as he led him from group to group, introducing him and getting him acquainted with names and faces.

They said goodbye to a group Sehyoon had put together for undercover ops named Seventeen. The group consisted of thirteen men, all able-bodied and mission oriented. Each one had a different position to help make their undercover op work, but were equally interchangeable and equipped for whatever curveballs the job threw at them.

But they were a fun group of guys, tonight they were all laughs and giggles. Their many inside jokes that got thrown around in the short six minutes Byeongkwan talked to them went way over his head. But their sense of belonging together and strong bond of friendship made his heart glow with contentment.

"What did you think of Seventeen?" Sehyoon asked as they walked, tilting his head towards Byeongkwans ear so he could hear better.

Byeongkwan giggled and smiled, "They seem fun, and crazy. I'd like to get to know them more."

Now they were headed to another group.

The new group they were headed towards looked to be made up of eight men, all in a small huddle by a small table near the staircases.

All eight of them were dressed uniquely and beautifully, with many shades of blue and black among them. Silver jewelry shimmered, the outlines of guns prominent. Hair was parted, gelled, fluffed, curled, dyed, and styled intricately for tonight.

The pair came to a stop next to the group, interrupting their chatter. The shortest of the eight men noticed them first, turning to greet them with a stunning smile. His hair was a dusty brown, choppily but handsomely cut into a complementing mullet.

"Hongjoong, my pirate king, glad to see you here!" Sehyoon laughed, letting Byeongkwan go to pull the man into a quick hug.

At Sehyoons voice, the other seven stopped talking and turned their attention to their head boss.

"I wouldn't have missed this for the world, Sehyoon, the boys either." Hongjoong replied as he pulled out of the hug.

Hongjoong was dressed in tight black pants with a tight black shirt tucked into them. Strapped to both thighs were twin 9mm Glocks. He had a navy blue sash tied around his waist just above the waist of his jeans, and an oversized gray suit jacket was resting on his shoulders.

Sehyoon grabbed Byeongkwans hand and pulled him forward, "This is Byeongkwan, I've been meaning to introduce you while you've been in town. Byeongkwan, this is Hongjoong."

Byeongkwan bowed and introduced himself to the man, watching with keen eyes how the seven standing behind him interacted. They stood behind Hongjoong, far enough away to the untrained eye to pass as friendly but close enough to move quickly in to protect the small man if need be. Especially the man in the grey pants that matched the jacket that was draped over Hongjoongs shoulders.

"Byeongkwan, this is Seonghwa, Hongjoongs right hand man." Sehyoon introduced the man in grey pants.

Seonghwa wore a light, almost pastel, blue button up dress shirt. The top two buttons were undone, revealing a silver chain with a silver pirate ship pendant hanging from it. Nestled in his shoulder holster were twin Glocks paired with extra clips. Black hair was slicked back, a couple stray strands hung handsomely.

Seonghwa nodded sharply to Byeongkwan in acknowledgement, turning his attention back to Hongjoong. Sehyoon introduced the rest of the men one by one, earning Byeongkwan a smile or nod in return.

As the night passed, so did the drinks. Alcohol had been consumed in massive quantities, yet everyone seemed to be halfway sober.

Chatter and laughter overwhelmed the music, though couple still swayed while they hung from each other happily. The building was warm with happiness, glowing well into the darkness of night.

Sehyoon and Byeongkwan were pressed up against each other, swaying in the center of the warm room. Byeongkwan was fiddling with the back of Sehyoons collar, doing his best to keep his fingers out of the mans hair. He brushed his lips against Sehyoons neck softly, relishing in the hum that rumbled in his chest.

"Thank you, for everything, darling." Sehyoon whispered against Byeongkwans temple, pressing a soft kiss after he spoke. He tightened his grip on Byeongkwans waist, trying to pull him even closer; almost as if he was trying to make them one being.

"Forever and always, anything for you my king." The new nickname slipped past his lips before he realized, leading Byeongkwan to let out an embarrassed chuckle against Sehyoons throat.

Sehyoon cuckled with him, letting his eyes wander out into the sea of family crowded comfortably around. Every one was smiling, laughing and enjoying themselves; something they didn't get to do freely very often. His first night as capo made his heart swell with welcomed anticipation. Sehyoon was willing to do whatever it took to preserve this happiness he was witnessing, the packed warmth and shared smiles of people that helped raise him and lead him into the position he was - by birthright and by trust-meant to be in.

"Forever and always, anything for you." He repeated back to Byeongkwan, putting enough space between them to then sweep the brunet into a proper kiss.