○.78

A couple of days had passed since Jun was over to Byeongkwans, and the boy was now up to his ears in cardboard boxes. Heaving a sigh as he winced at the scream of packaging tape being ripped from it roll, he taped together yet another box. God, when did he get all of this stuff.

This box was for all of his beloved photo albums and high school mementos. Year books full of hateful messages and numbers from boys and girls alike, though he never called or texted them. Photo albums with pictures of him and his mother and Jun, dance group photos and photos he should really just burn.

Stacking them into the box he questioned why he still kept them.

Then it hit him.

Memories.

He was afraid to forget everything and everyone like his mother.

Speaking of his mother, he should really go visit her.

Putting that thought on the back burner of his mind, he went through the motion of putting boxes together, filling, then labeling and tapping them shut.

Luckily, he had found a small one bedroom one bath apartment on the other side of town the other night. It was an affordable price, had a horrible view compared to this one, and the landlord was okay with him paying under the table - as he too understood the importance of security and secrecy.

Byeongkwan planned to move at night, he and Jun moving all of the boxes in their cars. But seeing as it was still mid day, Byeongkwan continued on packing all of his stuff up.

Hours passed and the sun fell, and the rest of Byeongkwans stuff had been boxed up. Jun showed up at a quarter to seven with his car. Quickly and quietly, they packed their cars with Byeongkwans boxes. By some form of luck, all of the boxes fit in their cars and they wouldn't have to come back again.

Leaving his apartment key in the door, Byeongkwan left for the last time.