○.95

After they ate their lunchtime breakfast and drank their liquid courage, Sehyoon paid their bill and left a nice tip - per Byeongkwans request - for the teen waiter. The two walked out hand in hand, ignoring a couple prying stares.

When the reached the car, Sehyoon hesitated. Stopping dead in his tracks a mere four feet from the car he brought Byeongkwan to an abrupt halt. When Byeongkwan turned to look at Sehyoon, his heart dropped into his stomach.

Sehyoons face was blank. Scary blank. His eyes had blacked over with nothingness, face set like stone. His shoulders were tense and set to make him look bigger than he truly was. Byeongkwan had never seen Sehyoon like this before, and it was scaring him.

"Sehyoon, what's the matter?" The camboy asked tentatively, gently clutching one of Sehyoons hands like he was afraid the man would disappear.

Sehyoon stood still, lips pressed into a thin line, marring his beautiful face like a nasty scar. He said nothing, letting his eyes to drift to the concerned face of Byeongkwan.

His mind was racing a mile a minute, tapping out a frantic and mismatched beat like caffeine influenced anxiety. He needed to act now before something happened. A bad feeling bubbled up in the pit of his stomach, drowning out his brain and Byeongkwans pleas.

He snapped his eyes away from Byeongkwan, flicking his gaze critically against his surroundings. The lamp posts and city planted trees seemed to all speak, whispering threats of impeding doom. The sun moved behind a thick cloud, dousing the area in shadows and sending a chill down the spine of every being in the vicinity. Everyone knew something was off, even the weeds fighting to survive between the cracks in the concrete.

Silently and harsher than he intended, Sehyoon grabbed onto Byeongkwans forearm and pulled him to the car. He unlocked the vehicle and pushed Byeongkwan into the passenger seat in one swift movement, throwing the door shut harshly. Jamming himself into the driver seat he turned the car on and pulled out of the parking spot without buckling.

His jaw was set harshly, anger bubbling up in his heart as he drove. He screeched to a halt at a red light, clenching his jaw and squeezing the steering wheel. Sehyoon let out a slow breath in attempt to calm himself and the pulled out his phone.

He tried to hand the phone to Byeongkwan, but when he was left hanging he finally glanced over to the brunette. His heart crumbled and he visibly winced at the sight of Byeongkwan. The man was clutching his arm to his chest, tears threatened to fall from his beautiful eyes as he sat on the far side of the passenger seat.

"God, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you or scare you I swear on my life. Will you let me explain and make it up to you later, Byeongkwan?" Sehyoon pleaded, his own eyes going glassy.

The shaken man nodded and moved in his seat, finally buckling up and gently taking the phone from Sehyoons hand.

"Thank you, darling. I'm sorry." The light turned green and Sehyoon wasted no time moving forward, "Could you please call Maxine and put her on speaker, doll."

Byeongkwan shakily did as asked, holding the phone out in Sehyoons direction and turned up the volume. Dial tone filled the soundless car as Sehyoon drove. As the phone rang Byeongkwan chewed on his bottom lip, shifting his gaze between sehyoon and the road ahead.

Maxine finally picked up, out of breath and frantic, "Sorry. Its a code red at HQ."

"Its a level four red on my end, Byeongkwans with me. Update on all ends." Sehyoon answered.

"Seoul is a code red, five on my end. Snakes are tailing you, started at the restaurant. I've got a team headed your way to flank your travel and one heading to intercept the snakes team.

The estate at jeolla-do is prepping for your arrival and a plane will be be ready to take off in seven minutes, same strip as always.

Donghun is tracking their movements and doing what he can to get into their hardware and figure out what the fuck they are trying to do, and why they're pulling this shit now.

I've got a team coming in from Incheon and another from Wonju to cover for the outgoing teams from here. Im coordinating a meeting with our other branches to work something out just in case this gets hairy."

Sehyoon hummed, "Thanks. We'll be at the airstrip soon. Fuck those snakes."

"Fuck the snakes. I'll keep you posted."

Maxine hung up, but not before a string of colorful language escaped her lips. Sehyoon snorted, rolling his as he continued to drive like a bat out of hell.

Curiosity gnawed at Byeongkwans stomach, twisting painfully. He began picking at his cuticles, ripping and twisting the tabs of skin till they bled. He didn't ask any questions and simply bit his tongue and set the phone on his lap.

"Use my phone and call who ever you need to, tell them that you will be out of the city indefinitely."

Byeongkwan hummed and unlocked the phone once again. He made quick work of pulling up the keypad and typing in a number he's had memorised for the past two years. He held the phone to his ear, tapping his finger against the back of the phone as he let the dial tone fill his ear.

"Hello, Jamyang Assisted living, this is Camille speaking how may I help you?" A friendly voice soon answered.

"Hey Camille, its Byeongkwan. I hate to do this to you last minute but I need to cancel my meeting with Darneil and the appointment with my mom. I will be out of the city indefinitely as of today."

A few clicks were audible over the phone, "Okay, not a problem. I'll let everyone who needs to know know. You feel free to call anytime and I'll work something out for you to talk over the phone with your mother."

Byeongkwan smiled softly and hummed, "Thank you Camille, I'll call you when I get the chance. Have a good day and apologize to Darneil for me."

He hung up the phone, cleared the keypad, and typed in his best friends number. He hit the dial button and put it back to his ear. Just as the call connected, every ones world jolted off the road with the screech of metal and stench of burning rubber.