.32. (NEW) .32.

Dial tone filled his ear, mixing with his messy thoughts. If his phone had been a landline with one of those curly cords, Byeongkwan would've been fiddling frantically with it, chewing on his bottom lip as he did. He was chewing on his lip anyway.

"This is Sehyoon." A deep, familiar, voice came from the other side.

"Uhm...this is Byeongkwan." Byeongkwan replied hesitantly, pinching the skin of his thighs lightly as he sat on his balcony in shorts. Today was oddly warm despite fall settling in, so Byeongkwan was soaking up the last bit of the warm sunlight.

"Hey, princess. What do you need to talk about?" The voice said, genuine with concern.

"I have some questions I want to ask you, and I want the truth and only the truth - if you don't want to tell me the truth then tell me that instead of a lie. I figured it'd be easiest over the phone, I can hear your voice." Byeongkwan replied, habitually flicking a lighter.

"Can do, sweetness, fire away."

"Did you know who I was from the first time you saw me?"

A straight, flat, yes was the answer and it made something run down the red heads spine. A spike of interest, of mild betrayal. It was something he couldn't quite place. The sensation wasn't all that horrible but it made Byeongkwans senses kick into high gear.

"Why didn't you say anything about knowing me?"

Sehyoon sighed, "Well, honestly, I was scared of how you'd react. I met you back in senior year of high school and then again in college. By the time we met again in college, you didn't remember me and I had gotten wrapped up in my father's business too deep to be in school all day. I had to leave pretty early into my college year, and over time I'm assuming the brief memory of me faded with time."

Byeongkwan snorted in a way Sehyoon took as amusement, "Well, I wonder how I forgot you. I'm pretty sure I've sucked you off before."

"Yeah, senior homecoming behind the trees in the field behind the stadium. I remember. Best sixty dollars I've spent in my life." Sehyoon replied, his tone light and reminiscent.

The mafia man heard a hushed 'oh god' of embarrassment, "Now I really feel bad for forgetting you."

"It's okay," Sehyoon chuckled, "honestly, I had forgotten about you until I stumbled upon your first live stream and it all came back."

Byeongkwan sighed, "Well I'll be damned, I never thought I'd ever thank Jun for getting me back into this. Guess I'll have to now."

The two talked for another hour or so, getting lost in old memories and embarrassing stories. They weren't even really aware of just how much time had passed in full, neither cared though.

"Hey, one more question." Byeongkwan started, "If that's okay with you, that is."

"Of course princess."

"Are you really a part of the mafia?"

"Yes, I am. Born and raised, work for and indebted to for life. It's in my blood, it's in the air I breathe. It's all I know, sweetness, but I wouldn't have it any other way."

-

-

-

-

"Turn around princess"

The text message flashed on the screen of Byeongkwans phone. He recognized the number right away. When he did, his eyes locked with some ones. A set of very familiar eyes. Dark brown eyes that stopped him in his tracks and drew him in. A very familiar face finally registered in his mind.