○.94

Sehyoons family restaurant was filled with life by the time he and Byeongkwan arrived. The two entered the building holding hands and blushing like high schoolers.

The same grey haired woman from their first dinner date greeted them with a bright smile. She waived excitedly, coffee black eyes as bright as her smile.

"Hey Beren, is breakfast still open?" Sehyoon asked, scratching the back of his neck with his free hand.

"Breakfast is open as long as the boss wants." She replied, leaning on the countertop. "Feel free to seat yourselves boys."

Sehyoon nodded and pulled Byeongkwan over to a window table set for two. He pulled out one of the chairs for Byeongkwan, letting the man sit down before he himself did. For a handful of time, the two sat awkwardly in silence, eyes focused on anything but who they sat across from.

A waiter, tall with soft eyes and awkward hands, brought over two waters and two menus. With a crackly voice giving him away as a teen, the waiter asked if they would like anything else to drink. Sehyoon nodded, ordering a black coffee. Byeongkwan shook his head no and thanked the boy.

Silence followed once the boy left to get Sehyoons coffee, letting the other customers conversations take up for the lack of words shared between Sehyoon and Byeongkwan. Laughter between a married couple about their toddlers wild antics. Shared admirations of music and theater between a group of high school students. First date small talk came from a couple who looked to be in their early twenties.

Sehyoon begain tapping his fingers on the table, menus set to the side as he already knew what he was going to order. Byeongkwan, on the other hand, was fidgeting around with the menue trying to make up his mind. Sehyoon let his attention be brought to the man sitting in front of him, a small smile tugging on his lips.

"I'd recommend the waffles and berries if you want something more American, or the traditional if you want something more korean. Every time a new capo takes the helm they revamp the restaurants menu, dad did an amazing job with it."

Byeongkwan looked up from the menu with a smile, "I'm sure he did. Does that mean you'll be redoing it sometime soon?"

Sehyoon nodded, "I think I'm gonna leave it for a bit though, feels kinda like I'm erasing him from my life if I do."

"You are the boss, things change when you want them to. Don't rush yourself into anything, Sehyoon." Byeongkwan hummed, reaching over and resting his hand on Sehyoons.

Sehyoon just nodded, shifting his hand to where the two men were now holding hands tightly.

The young waiter returned to their table with Sehyoons coffee and a notepad. He flashed a smile before asking them if they needed more time to order.

When Sehyoon and Byeongkwan agreed that they knew what they were going to order, the boy pulled a pen out of his apron and let them speak.

"I'll have the Zino, eggs fried, with whole wheat toast." Sehyoon said his order without opening the menu. The waiter scribbled down his order hastily and then turned to Byeongkwan.

"I'll do the daybreak, eggs scrambled, and whole wheat toast as well."

The waiter scribbled down the second order and then asked if there was anything else he could get the couple.

Byeongkwan ended up getting a mimosa to go with his breakfast and Sehyoon ordered an Irish coffee.

The waiter nodded and scurried away back behind the counter. Byeongkwan smiled as he watched the waiter, he was a cute kid, lanky and awkward.

Sehyoon saw the glimmer of affection on Byeongkwans face as he watched the waiter walk off. The man smiled softly as he watched Byeongkwans face intently. There was no denying that Byeongkwan was a being of pure beauty.

As he stared Sehyoons mind flashed back to earlier in the morning, the hug and Byeongkwans teary confession.

At that moment, watching Byeongkwans tears cascade down his cheeks as he told Sehyoon he loved him, Sehyoon himself realized that he too loved Byeongkwan. He just didn't know how to say it.

The rough and tough mafia boss didn't know how to say 'I love you'.