Fly (날기)

Sujin ran into the kitchen, sliding on her white socks as she grabbed a pair of keys on the counter. "Mom, I'm heading to the field. I'm gonna take my Cessna out for a run."

"It's cleared with your friend?" Mi-Cha asked, looking up from the food she was preparing.

"Of course it is. It's okay if I go flying today, right? It's perfect weather and Daehyun will be there."

Mi-Cha thought for a second before saying it was alright. Nari's curious eyes were watching the scene carefully, and Sujin caught on.

"I heard you flew for your first time pretty recently," She said to the younger girl, "It was to New York, wasn't it?" Nari nodded her head. "That sounded pretty exciting to me. I'm learning to become a pilot, and I can fly cute little planes myself. I was gonna go take mine for a ride, maybe you and Namjoon would like to come along? I wanted to go right over Seoul and then to the island with Incheon Airport. There's some cool boardwalks, so I was gonna grab some ice cream or something. It's better not to fly on an empty stomach, so let's eat a little and then I can show you around!

Namjoon laughed, overhearing their conversation, "We just came from there. I don't know if Nari's interested in returning so soon."

"Well," Sujin said with a glimmer in her eyes, bending down to the girl, "have you ever seen Seoul from the sky?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And this here is my sweet little Cessna 172." Sujin announced, "Perfect for beginner fliers, because honestly, I'm not extremely experienced."

Nari carefully approached the plane. Though it was small compared to most, it still towered above her and seemed it would take a thousand arm lengths to wrap around it. She studied the colorfully painted plane with hundreds of intricate designs all over the body. "It's beautiful, I really like it."

"The paint job? Yeah, I got my friend Suho to come paint it for me. We've even got the BTS logo here," she said, pointing to a corner on the tail. "And a few of my favorite song lyrics. It's purple, naturally." She laughed. "Now let me go through my preflight checklist real quick. I've gotta make sure everything is safe and ready to go."

While Sujin went around the airplane testing switches, parts of the plane, and checking around the body, Nari continued reading the lines written all over the giant metal machine. "Starlight that shines brighter in the darkest night," She read aloud, "The deeper the night, the brighter the starlight," The girl looked up to Namjoon next to her, "Mikrokosmos, right?"

"Yeah! Mikrokosmos!" He beamed with pride, "You're getting so good at recognizing our music. Have you picked a favorite yet?"

"Hm. All of them."

Namjoon laughed, "Like I'd expect anything different." He placed a supportive hand on her shoulder, "Are you sure that you want to do this, darling? We can go back home if you want to."

"No. I want to," Nari said, "I'll be brave, just for you."

"Alright, it's all good," Sujin finally said, opening the door. Hop in. Namjoon first, though. He can take the back so Nari can see the real action from the front."

Nari looked at the older girl for a second, "Are you sure I can sit in the front?"

"Yeah, it's not like a car or anything where youngsters have to be in the back. If you sit in the front, I can even let you take hold of the controls for a bit. There's no rule against it."

Sujin could sense Nari's uncertainty about the idea as the younger girl's eyes widened with anxiety, "Come on, I've brought Namjoon up a few times. If you're gonna go flying in a small airplane like this for the first time, why don't you experience it to the fullest?"