Sand (모래)

"Good morning Nari." Jimin gently knocked on the door to the girl's room, "Time to get up. I've got something really fun planned for today!"

Nari yawned and rolled over in her bed, "What is it?"

"We're going to the beach!"

The girl suddenly sat up, "Really? The beach?"

"Yeah, really!" Jimin laughed, "So be sure to wear something you'll be comfortable in. I'll see you downstairs, okay?"

"Alright. I'll be there soon."

Nari got out of bed and went to the closet, which was full of clothing of all different styles. The boys even went as far as to buy her a whole new wardrobe. She didn't really have a certain sense of style since all the clothes she had worn before were cheap and provided by the orphanage, so the girl just chose a simple yellow sundress with a bathing suit underneath.

On her way downstairs Nari ran into Jungkook who smiled warmly, "Good morning, little Nari. Are you excited for today?"

She nodded, "Yeah! I've never been to the beach before."

"I know you'll have fun." Jungkook replied, "I'm a little jealous, actually. The rest of us have a meeting with the management team to discuss a new contract or something." He sighed, "I'd much rather be at the beach."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Have you ever been on a train before, Nari?" Jimin asked as he watched the girl sit backwards in her seat on the subway so that she could stare out the window.

Nari shook her head, "Nope. I've never been outside Seoul." She sighed longingly, "Is the rest of the world this beautiful too?"

"Oh sweetheart, you haven't seen anything yet." The boy laughed, "The world is full of beautiful things that will make this seem like just another star in the night sky."

"Whoa, really?" Nari smiled as she watched buildings and trees fly by. The world was just so big! She couldn't even imagine how this was normal to them. Her eye caught a glimpse of the bright blue ocean and a small gasp escaped her throat.

Jimin chuckled beside her, "You're too cute."

The girl blushed and turned around so she was sitting in her seat normally. Butterflies started to rise in her stomach once again and she shot a glance at Jimin, who smiled and playfully put his arm around her shoulders.

"We're going to have fun today." He whispered and gently pulled the girl close to him, "I promise."

The train came to a stop and she excitedly stood up. Jimin laughed as he took her hand, "Let's go!"

They stumbled out of the vehicle into the fresh air. Nari took a deep breath and smiled widely. Gone were the tall buildings and city smoke, in its place stood the shimmering ocean and salty air. The world had never felt so good.

"So, what do we do now?" She asked her companion, who chuckled and squeezed her hand.

"We can do whatever we want!" Jimin answered cheerfully, "How about we head down the water, yeah?"

After slipping off their street clothes and securely putting them in a locker at a stand near the parking lot of the beach, they made their way down to the ocean. Nari's senses overflowed with all the new sights, sounds, and textures. None of the books that she'd read even came close to the real thing. She held on to Jimin's hand tightly as they maneuvered through the masses of people.

People are so....unique, She thought to herself, All of these people have completely different lives and experiences. Each person is such a small piece of the world, and yet no two people are exactly alike. Nari glanced at the boy beside her, And out of all these people they chose me.

"Nari, do you know how to swim?" Jimin said and the girl found herself at the edge of the water, waves lapping gently on to her ankles.

She shook her head, "Nope."

"Do you want to learn?"

"Yeah." Nari nodded after a brief pause, "But only a little bit, okay?"

"Got it. Don't worry, sweetheart," Jimin assured her, "I chose this beach because it's quiet, nothing is going to hurt you."

She followed the boy out into the ocean until the water was about up to her waist. He turned around so that he was facing the girl and held his arms out as he crouched to her level, "Alright, hold on to my hands, okay?"

Nari tightly intertwined their fingers and nodded, unable to stop the nervous butterflies swarming in her stomach.

"Don't be so nervous, sweetheart," Jimin reassuringly squeezed her hand, "I won't let anything bad happen to you. You're safe with me, I promise. Now, whenever you're ready, I want you to lift your feet off the ground and think about floating."

The girl took a deep breath and closed her eyes as she did what he instructed. Slowly she could feel her body moving up until her knees weren't touching the ground.

"Hey, you're doing great!" Nari heard Jimin's enthusiastic voice, "You can open your eyes, sweetheart. I'm right here."

She cracked her eyes open to see him grinning widely about an arm's length away. The girl let out a deep breath and focused on keeping her chin above the water.

"I knew you could do it!" Jimin said encouragingly, "Now I want you to try kicking."

Nari nodded and kicked with her legs, feeling the warm droplets land on the top of her head. The boy smiled and slowly started to walk backwards, causing her to suddenly stop and tighten her grip on his hands in a state of panic.

"It's okay, it's okay," He reassured her, "I won't let you go. I promise. You can trust me. Just keep kicking, okay?"

The girl took a deep breath and started kicking again. She felt waves soundlessly move past her earlobes as Jimin gently pulled her along the in the water. Eventually he came to a stop and Nari let her feet down as she stood up.

"You did it!" The boy exclaimed, "Good job, Nari! You just swam for the first time. Did you like it?"

Nari shook her head, "No."

Jimin laughed, "It's okay, I'm not really a huge fan of swimming either. But there's plenty of other stuff to do on the beach! Hold on one sec." He let go of her hands and swiftly ducked underwater, emerging a few seconds later with something clutched in his fist.

"Look, a sand dollar!" Jimin opened his hand to reveal the round object, "This is for you." He gently pressed the treasure into her hands as water dripped off of his bangs, "The world is full of beautiful things, sweetheart. This is one of them and so are you. Thank you for trusting me. I trust you too so I'm going to tell you something that a lot of other people don't know." His voice dropped to a whisper, "I used to be really scared, just like you."

"Really?" Nari asked in disbelief, "But you're not scared at all now."

Jimin nodded, "You're right. I'm not scared now because your Namjoon helped me to be braver." He smiled, "Things might be scary from now on, but I need you to trust us, especially him, like you trusted me. You can't learn to swim by yourself and you can't learn to love all on your own either."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi everyone! i hope you guys liked this chapter. tbh im not a huge fan of the beach, but i thought it would be cute. jimin isnt one of my favorite members of bts (even though i love them all) but i really like his kindness

do you guys have any feedback for me? anything at all? please let me know if you do