Fireworks (불꽃)

Nari didn't know how and she didn't know why, but something felt wrong. Very very wrong. She turned to run but there was nowhere to go, she was all alone. Slowly but surely, the girl could feel the unknown entity getting closer. She closed her eyes and braced herself for the inevitable awfulness that would be the end of her and everything she knew......

The girl suddenly opened her eyes and sat up in bed, breathing heavily with her heartbeat pounding. Nari took a few deep breaths but the panic was still ringing in her brain. Something wasn't right.

"Hey, you're awake. Is everything alright?" A voice came from below, Nari looked down to see Taehyung leaning against her bedpost on the floor, "You were mumbling a lot in your sleep. It didn't seem like you were having a good dream."

Nari nodded, still trembling, "I-I guess."

"You can talk to me about it if you want to." Taehyung scooted closer to the girl and laid his head in his hands on top of the sheets, "I'm always here for you, princess Nari. I've gotta protect you. It's my duty as a knight, remember?"

The girl shook her head, "You can't protect me from what's in my own head."

"I wish I could." He replied, " But the least I can do is maybe offer you a hug. Hugs always make me feel better, especially if they're with the people I love and care about."

She paused for a minute and then shyly nodded, "I think I'd like that."

"Good." Taehyung rose and enveloped the girl in a warm, loving hug, "We care about you so much, Nari. If you're having trouble please come to us. We want to help you, princess."

Although she was hesitant at first, Nari leaned into the older boy's hug and mumbled a thank you. How long has it been since someone has held her like this? It had to have been years, considering that she couldn't even remember. The girl breathed deeply and relaxed. She closed her eyes, allowing the gentle rhythm of Taehyung's chest rising and falling to clear her mind. Everything was okay. No more panic. Taehyung is here, he's safe. Safe.

"Better?"

Nari nodded, "Better." She cautiously tightened her grip, "Is it okay if we stay like this for a little longer?"

"Of course." Taehyung said gently, "You don't have to ever let go. I promise that you're safe with me."

He felt a hot teardrop land on his arm, making his heart melt. Poor girl. Has she ever even been truly hugged before? Didn't anyone love her during all those years at the orphanage? Taehyung softly kissed the top of her head and held her as choked sobs escaped the small girl's body.

"I'm sorry," Nari blurted out, "I don't know why I'm crying. It was just a dream. I'm sorry."

"It's okay princess, don't worry. Don't worry at all." Taehyung rubbed her back comfortingly, "It's okay to cry. You're safe with me." He kissed her head again, "Your big brother Tae loves you very very much."

"L-Love?" Nari stumbled over her words, "I didn't think that w-was possible. I don't do anything to deserve love."

Taehyung chuckled and shook his head, "Nari, you're so easy to love. You're always thoughtful and sweet. You make us happy and we love you. That's all there is to it."

"You really think so? You mean it?"

"Of course I do! I would never lie to you. It's against a knight's honor to lie to his princess, ya know." The boy said cheerfully and a small smile stretched across the girl's lips. As long as he could make her feel better that's all that mattered.

"You know, there's something special about you, Nari." Taehyung said softly, "Namjoon only met you once, but he kept you in the back of his mind for all those years. He has so much to think about...but it always circled back to you."