Sweet Dreams (달콤한 꿈)

"We're hoooome!" Jimin sang as he slammed open the door to the dorm, "Nari, sweetheart? Kookie? Where are youuuu?"

"In the living room!" Jungkook answered and paused the movie playing on the TV with a sigh. They had just started it 10 minutes ago.

Jimin grinned and popped his head into the doorway, "Hello! How was your day?"

"Hi!" Nari replied with a shy smile from her position on the couch, "It was good. We went to a bookstore and Jungkook painted me a moon."

"Yeah, yeah, it was great," The youngest boy added impatiently, "What are you guys doing home so early anyway? I thought you weren't coming home until after dinner."

Taehyung spoke up from over Jimin's shoulder, "We've got an appearance on a talk show booked today. Did you really forget?"

"Dammit." Jungkook facepalmed and turned to his smaller companion, "I'm sorry, little Nari. I guess we'll have to watch this some other time."

The girl shook her head, "It's okay. Don't worry."

"C'mon guys!" Jin called from the kitchen, "We gotta eat!"

The rest of the boys scampered into the kitchen and collected their respective boxes of takeout. Jin handed Nari a bowl of noodles, "Did you have a good day, kiddo?"

"Uh huh, it was really nice. I got some new books too."

Jin smiled, "I'm really glad to hear that. Maybe we could read together sometime, if you'd like."

"Maybe." Nari repeated and sat down at the table next to J-Hope, whose whole face seemed to light up as soon as he saw her.

"Hey Nari, do you like cats?" He asked curiously.

"They're cute." The girl nodded as she continued eating.

J-Hope grinned, "Awesome! You're gonna love what I have planned for tomorrow. I promise that we're gonna have a lot of fun."

"Nari, we're going to leave soon and we won't be back until late, like 2 or 3 in the morning." Suga said and finished his dinner at his position across the table, "Will you be okay on your own? We can have someone from our management team stay over with you if you want."

"I'll be alright." She answered and gave him a smile to mask her anxiety.

Truthfully, she was a little afraid to be all by herself in a place that she's only known for 2 and a half days, but the other option was even more uncomfortable. Sharing the house with yet another strange person was bound to be awkward at the very least. Besides, it's not like she wasn't used to being alone.

"Don't worry, for the first few hours after we leave you should be able to call or text us." Suga assured her, "And after that you can call our manager, Rika. Her name should be in the contacts of your phone, okay? Don't hesitate to call us or her. We're here for you."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next hour or so was a blur as the boys got ready and hurriedly cleaned up from dinner. Before Nari knew it, they had said their goodbyes and were out the door. She was all alone in the house now.

Nari couldn't help but feel anxious. She was almost always alone mentally, but physically was another matter entirely. People were everywhere in the orphanage. It was practically impossible to get any kind of privacy whether you liked it or not. Over the years Nari had become accustomed to the constant noise and now that she lived with 7 boys nothing had really changed in that regard. The silence felt unnatural now that they were gone.