Episode 98: Optimus Prime VS Gundam

"Okay time to start the day right with a death Battle" Ruby said as she started the episode

Interlude

(*Cues: Wiz & Boomstick - Brandon Yates*)

Wiz: Across this vast world of different nations with different people, it is the clash of opinions which truly divides us. However, there is one universal truth that absolutely everyone can agree on.

Boomstick: Giant robots are freaking awesome! Like Optimus Prime, the original G1 Transformer.

Wiz: And the RX-78-2, the original Mobile Suit Gundam.

Boomstick: These aren't just any robots. They're the old-school classics! The first of their kind, and we're in for a Robo-battle of east vs. west!

"Yes! Giant robot fight!" Ruby and Yang shouted excitedly.

Wiz: Well, Optimus was originally a Japanese toy-

Boomstick: He's Wiz and I'm Boomstick.

Wiz: And it's our job to analyze their weapons, armor, and skills to find out who would win...a Death Battle.

Optimus Prime

Wiz: Millions of years ago, on a distant planet called Cybertron, a great unrest grew between two factions of robotic beings, the Decepticons and the Autobots. With little warning, they found themselves entangled in civil war.

Boomstick: Led by that douchebag, Megatron, the Decepticons started gunning down any bot they pleased for basically no reason, including some guy named Orion Pax, which will be important later. Rest in peace, ro-bro.

"Dang that's messed up" Yang said

Popup: In the IDW Comics G1 continuity, Orion Pax was a captain of the Rodion Police, who went on the challenge the Cybertronian Senate.

Wiz: What Megatron didn't know was that this seeming random encounter would end up reshaping the universe.

Boomstick: Thanks to a robot Gandalf, Orion Pax was rebuilt into something bigger, stronger, and way more recognizable.

"Awesome" Ruby said

Wiz: The newest commander of the Autobots had risen: Optimus Prime.

Optimus: The Autobots will never sacrifice freedom.

Boomstick: Optimus is a powerful warrior, with tons of awesome robo-powers.

Wiz: As a Transformer, he can scan nearby objects and morph his body to resemble one, becoming a robot in disguise.

"Okay that is pretty impressive than atlas tech" Weiss said

Boomstick: His favorite is a classic 1979 Kenworth K-100 tractor, an oldie but a goodie which sports five hundred horsepower and can book it over eighty miles per hour. He even gets a trailer, which, when he doesn't need it, mysteriously disappears into thin air. No, really, where the hell does that thing go? I need to know.

Popup: According to a 1985 Japanese catalog, the trailer is teleported back to base via a "special signal" when Optimus doesn't need it. It's actually a weaponized Command Deck.

"Awesome" Ruby said

Wiz: More importantly, the lifeforce of every Transformer resides in their spark, sort of like a soul, and Optimus is no different, except that his spark gives him a few unique abilities.

Boomstick: Yeah, his spark's pretty rare, compared to other robo-people, it gives him increased strength, speed, and durability. He can shoot laser beams from his hands, fly with either a jetpack or his feet boosters, and move his limbs around while their detached like some sort of ghost robot Rayman. Ooh!