Episode 91 Crash Vs Spyro

RWBY will dive into Playstation history as they learn about Crash and Spyro, Playstation's original mascots. These mascots will battle it out in RWBY's big screen.

(Cues: Wiz & Boomstick - Brandon Yates)

Wiz: The early 1990's played host to one of the biggest battlegrounds the world had ever seen, the console wars.

Ruby and Yang were excited at the sound of this. Both love to play video games, especially with each other.

Boomstick: Nintendo and Sega's mascots were locked in a merciless duel over the gaming throne.

"Those consoles sound cool. I would love to get my hands on one of those," Ruby smiled.

Wiz: But when the smoke cleared, a surprise third challenger was rising to the top.

Boomstick: The Sony PlayStation, and it didn't have just one mascot, it had two.

RWBY was excited to see the mascots.

Wiz: Crash Bandicoot, the mutated marsupial from down under.

Boomstick: And Spyro the Dragon, the powerful purple hero of the dragon realm. He's Wiz and I'm Boomstick.

Wiz: And it's our job to analyze their weapons, armor and skills to find out who would win... a Death Battle.

"Okay! Let's see some cool video game abilities!" Ruby and her teammates were excited.

Wiz: Listen, I admire another brilliant doctor of science as much as the next guy, especially those with grand plans to take over the world, but I'm not sure Doctor Neo Cortex makes the cut.

"Oh boy. What kind of dumb things did this scientist do?" Weiss retorted while rolling her eyes.

Boomstick: Why not? He's an evil genius who made a mutant Aussie army of animals to take over the world.

"Didn't Dr. Eggman use animals to create an army of evil robots?" Ruby asked, briefly reminded of the old episode, Eggman vs Wily. Ruby felt sympathy for those poor animals.

Wiz: Sure, but when it came time to assign a general for this "army", Cortex chose, of all things, a bandicoot.

"What's a bandicoot?" Yang asked, scratching her head.

Boomstick: A bandi-what? You're making that up.

Wiz: It's a real animal, look!

(shows a picture of a real bandicoot)

RWBY squealed at how cute the animal was.

"So cute!" Weiss squealed.

"I want to pet one!" Ruby beamed.

"I've never even heard of faunus with animal characteristics of a bandicoot. What a cute little creature," Blake smiled.

"I'm so happy just looking at it. I wish I could get my hands on one," Yang grinned.

Boomstick: Aw, hey, it's kinda cute, how's that little thing gonna take over the world?

"Yeah! How?" Ruby giggled.

Wiz: With the Evolvo-Ray, Cortex did successfully mutate it into a powerful beast. However, when he tried to brainwash the creature, he utterly failed to create his fearsome general, instead, he got Crash Bandicoot.

"I find it silly how these scientists create their own worst enemies through their experiments. Talk about an embarrassing failure," Weiss shook her head.

Background:

Height: 5 ft | 1.5 m

Species: Eastern Barred Bandicoot