Episode 81: Balrog Vs. TJ Combo

Yang has always been a fan of boxing. So when she realized what the next battle was going to be about, she got very excited. Ruby started the video.

(*Cues: Invader - Jim Johnston*)

Boomstick: Thousands of years ago, one Greek guy punched another Greek guy, and then they just turned it into a sport.

Yang was curious about what Boomstick said.

Wiz: Indeed, boxing is one of the oldest Olympic sports, and has since been refined and perfected over nearly 3,000 years.

"Boxing? I always wanted to see boxing in Death Battle!" Yang was very excited.

Boomstick: And today, we're pitting two of gaming's toughest boxers head-to-head.

Wiz: Balrog, the crazy buffalo from Street Fighter.

Boomstick: And TJ Combo, the hard-hitting champ from Killer Instinct. He's Wiz and I'm Boomstick.

Wiz: And it's our job to analyze their weapons, armor, and skills to find out who would win... a Death Battle.

Balrog

(*Cues: Balrog Theme - Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix*)

Wiz: Boxer. Gambler. Cheater. Heavyweight champ Balrog has been called many things. "Merciful" was never one of them.

"He looks menacing," Ruby retorted.

Background:

Height: 6'4" | 193 cm

Weight: 298 lbs. | 135 kg

Born: September 4, 1968

Nickname: "Crazy Buffalo"

Boxing Style: Slugger (Yang heard about this style)

Likes: Gambling, bourbon, winning

Dislikes: Fish, math, effort

Former Heavyweight Champion

Boomstick: Hard to blame him, given his rough upbringing. Born and raised in a ghetto neighborhood, the young brawler to be had one goal: to leave his poor family and taste that sweet, sweet American dream. You know, the boozing, gambling, and womanizing kind of dream!

"Of course. Poor life choices are being made once again," Weiss crossed her arms.

Wiz: A brute at heart, Balrog learned early on that he had a gift for roughing others up. A gift which he soon turned into a professional boxing career.

Boomstick: Does that really surprise anyone, though? I mean, look at the guy! His skin can barely even contain his own muscles!

"Darn! That's impressive," Yang commented.

(*Cues: Theme of Balrog - Street Fighter V*)

Wiz: At 6"4 and 298 pounds, Balrog is a monster. Compared to real-life boxers, Balrog would be the second largest heavyweight champion in the entire history of the sport.