Episode 83: Smokey The Bear Vs McGruff The Crime Dog

"All right next Deathbattle" Yang said

"So what's this one about?" Blake said

"Well we're about to find out" Ruby said

Interlude

(*Cues: Invader - Jim Johnston*)

Boomstick: When it comes to public service, two animals have gone far beyond the call of duty.

Wiz: They're known throughout the world as the symbols of safety. So let's make them fight to the death.

"That doesn't make any sense if their safety then why make them fight" Weiss said

Boomstick: Smokey Bear, the firefighting mascot of forest safety.

"They bear as a mascot that's awesome!" Ruby said

Wiz: And McGruff the Crime Dog, taking a bite out of crime wherever he goes.

Blake moved back a little due to her fear of dogs

"Uh Blake are you okay?" Yang said

"Uh yeah I'm fine just that there's a dog as a mascot!" Blake said

"Blake it's a cartoon dog it won't hurt you" Ruby said

"Well okay I guess" Blake said

Boomstick: He's Wiz and I'm Boomstick.

Wiz: And it's our job to analyze their weapons, armor, and skills to find out who would win... a Death Battle.

Smokey Bear

Wiz: In 1944, America's forests faced an ever increasing threat. With nearly 16 million men battling Nazi overseas, little manpower remained to combat the spread of forest fires. Every year, thirty million acres of trees would go up in smoke.

"That's awful" Ruby said

"Yeah that must have been rough" Yang said

Boomstick: Damn, that's even more trees than Snoop Dogg can burn!

"NOT THE TIME BOOMSTICK!" Weiss said

Wiz: America needed a new hero, someone who could prevent these disastrous blazes from occurring in the first place.

"Someone who helps prevent the fires" Ruby said

Boomstick: And then along came a lovable cartoon bear named Smokey.

Smokey: So remember, only you can prevent forest fires.

"Yep" RWBY

Wiz: As a mascot, Smokey Bear did what he could to inspire the American people. He even partnered with Bambi to teach the ways of fire safety. However, Smokey was still merely a dream, a figment of imagination, until one fateful day in the Capitan Mountains of New Mexico.

"Uh oh" RWBY said

Boomstick: What do you know, a forest fire broke out! The mountain trees were annihilated in a blaze so intense, the thirty firefighters called to action were almost incinerated. Thousands of forest critters either fled or died. All but one.

"Dang that's awful" Yang said

"Those poor forest animals" Ruby said

Wiz: Atop a smoldering tree clung a lone survivor, a small black bear cub, his paws burnt, his family lost to the flames.

"Well at least one survived" Yang said

Boomstick: So after firefighters rescued him, there was only one name that fit: Smokey.