Meet The Grandparents

Start from the beginning

The old woman threw her arms around Liam’s waist. Liam hugged her back.

“Hey grandma, how’re you?” Liam asked, smiling down at her.

“Oh Alexander (Liam), I missed you a lot! Your grandpa has driving me nuts as always!”

Liam chuckled. “Well, you know that grandpa’s charm.”

A second later, an old man looking the same age as Liam’s grandma walked out. He was wearing the typical farm clothes. He looked…kind.

He smiled as he saw us and walked to us.

“How are my favorite grandchildren in the world?!” he greeted.

Mia threw her arms over her grandpa’s neck and giggled. “Gran, we’re your only grandchildren, you know.”

“I know that, of course!” he laughed as he hugged Mia.

Mia and Liam pulled away as Mark and I stood there awkwardly.

“Grandma, Grandpa, this is Mark, my boyfriend.” Mia introduced Mark as Mark shook hands with them.

“Where did you two meet?” Her grandma asked.

“He works in the same place I do.” Mia replied.

“Call me Jane.” Her grandma told Mark, smiling.

“Glad to meet you, Ma’am…I mean Jane.”

“You can call me Grandpa since I can see you marrying our beautiful Mia. Or you can call me John.” Mark shook hands with him.

Liam cleared his throat and everyone looked at him.

“So grandpa, grandma…I’d like you to meet my…good friend, Lizzie.”

I shook hands with grandpa first. His eyes shone as he shook hands with me.

“You’re the first girl he ever introduced to us.” He told me.

“Gran!” Liam scolded.

I chuckled. As I went to shake hands with grandma Jane, she spoke. “ So aren’t you that little brat I always see in the news? Lizzie Carter?” she asked as she glared at me.

Wait. What?!

(Author’s Note

So I was supposed to write longer than this but I’m too lazy. But because I’m nice, okay fine. Go on reading. I continued it for you guys. Lol.)

The whole time I was there, grandma Jane kept on giving me cold glares and harsh words. Everyone seemed to be aware of it except Liam who thinks of her grandma as an angel. Mia apologized to me the first time she got me alone with her. She assumed that her grandma’s jealous because Liam never paid that much attention to any girl before. I didn’t know if I should even be happy about that. Mark was sympathizing with me. Grandpa was sorry for the way his wife’s acting. But I kept silent. I didn’t complain nor talk back which I usually do to others who dared to treat me badly. But this is Liam’s grandma we’re talking about and I wanted to make a good impression.

So Saturday and Sunday passed by leaving me dead tired. Grandma Jane woke me up alone at 5am in the morning to start working in the farm while she let the rest wake up at 7 or 8 in the morning. She’d dismiss me from work at almost 12 midnight while she didn’t even ask the others to work. If that wasn’t bad enough, I had to put up with her glares and words. I think she was trying to kill me with her actions. I was trying to control my anger but honestly, she was getting on my nerves. I never signed up to work for anybody. Besides, what have I done so bad to make her angry at me? I didn’t understand.

She made me work my ass off like a horse for 2 days. She made me milk the cows, feed the horses (who almost kicked my face), chase the running pigs (which led me in a dirt), look for the missing sheep; bath the dogs, clean off their poo and A WHOLE LOT MORE. I wasn’t even sure while I had to endure everything. To make matters worse, I didn’t even have the guts to complain to Liam. I didn’t want his image of her to be ruined. Liam thought everything was normal.

The night before we left, she made me clean the barn while the others were having their dinner.

“It’s still dirty there” she told me.

I walked to the spot and cleaned it off.

“That spot…it still has cobwebs.”

I sighed and walked there but her voice stopped me.

“Sighing, are you? What did I expect? You’re just a little brat from a rich family.” She snickered.

I kept silent.

“You don’t have to pretend to like me. Do you really think that my grandson would like you? You’re just a brat who knows nothing about life. I bet you can’t even stay in a small house.”

I counted 1 to 10 to calm myself.

“Listen, I really don’t like you for my grandson. I don’t want him to marry someone like you. For all I know, you’re just like the other rich kids who sleep around with young men who have thick wallets.”

That was the last straw. I stopped and looked at her.

“With all due respect, ma’am, first of all, I wasn’t pretending to like you. I was trying my best to like you. Second, just because some rich kids are brats doesn’t mean every rich kid’s a brat. You’re being way too judgmental. And third, I don’t give a damn what you think about me. At first, I wanted to impress you because I know how much you mean to Liam. But now…I don’t care. This is who I am. It’s not like I asked to be rich before I was even born. I’m in love with your grandson but that doesn’t mean I will put up with you, with this. If Liam really likes me, he’ll like me whatever you think or say about me.” I let out a deep breath after, regretting my words but feeling good for letting them out. I waited for her response but was greeted with silence.

“Then I guess you’re worthy of my grandson.” She replied, smiling at me for the first time.

Holy cow, what just happened?

“Excuse me?” I stuttered.

She sighed. “Sorry for the way I acted, I just wanted to see if you’re really serious with my grandson. You surprised me when you didn’t even complain with all the work I was giving you which was pretty impressive. Sorry, really. I just love Alexander (Liam) a lot. He’s my only grandson and I can see that he’s falling for you. I just want to protect him from the pain.”

“So it was just, like a test?”

She nodded.

“Did I pass?”

She smiled. “Oh sweetie, you don’t have to think about what I think or what others think. Like what you said, if Liam really likes you, he wouldn’t care either.”

“Do you think he likes me?” I whispered.

“That’s for me to know and you to find out.”

With a smile, she walked out.

Oh she’s really Liam’s grandma.

Author’s note

So what do you think of this chapter? I update a day earlier because I have something to do on Saturday. I think it's long. so do i deserve a vote? :D Hope you like it. vote, comment, fan. :D

Love lots,

Mad

All Rights Reserved 2012 © keepingitreal15