The Talk

“So this is where Liam actually works?” I asked Mark as I rolled down the window of the car to get a good view of the fast-food chain where Liam works.

After the talk I had with Mia, I had this sudden urge to make Liam feel how much I love him. If he thought that his words would make me stop chasing him then he’s dead wrong. It only made me want to chase him harder. So I formulated a plan to get closer to Liam. Seeing him in school wasn’t enough, I needed to see him like 24/7. He’s like oxygen to me. Of course, I needed Mark for my plans. I needed to know what Liam does or where does he go so I could follow him. I called Mark while he’s in the other side of the world and told him it was an emergency. So Mark, being like the protective big brother to me, got the earliest flight and arrived within a couple of hours. He was more than mad when he found out that the emergency I was talking about is actually stalking Liam. But with my charm, he got over it pretty quickly. So according to his investigation, Liam worked in a certain fast food chain called Sweet Rush. We immediately went to the place where he works every night. Louise parked the limousine in front of the place.

“So what exactly is your plan, Ms. Lizzie?” Mark asked.

“For the millionth time, Mark, it’s Lizzie for you and I don’t have a plan…yet.” I smiled.

“Okay…Ms. Li—I mean, Lizzie, don’t you think you’re going overboard?”

I glared at him and he raised his hands in surrender.

“I’m just saying that I’m a guy and most of the guys find it a turn off when girls chase them. We’re designed to chase girls, not the other way around.”

“This is not the 18th century, Mark.”

“But still, guys love the chase.”

“But Liam’s not like the other guys. He’s…different. He doesn’t show interest in anyone so I’m going to make a move.”

“There’s no way I could talk you out of this, huh?”

“Nope. Besides, stop worrying about my colorful love story, worry about yours. You got no girlfriend.”

He blushed. “Let’s not talk about it.”

“Aww, is my big brother Mark blushing? How cute. So…?” I trailed off.

“So what?” he asked.

“Is it a girl or a boy?” I asked curiously.

“Lizzie, I’m straight!” he turned even redder.

“If you say so.” I smirked but I knew he’s straight, I was just teasing him.

Just then, my phone rung and I quickly answered it.

“Lizzie, you answered, finally!” Ella’s loud voice screamed on the other line.

“Yes, yes, I did. So what’s up?” I asked casually.

“You’re asking me what’s up when YOU didn’t show up at any of our classes today. What happened?”

“Long story, I’ll tell you when I have time.”

“Are you okay?”

“Of course, why wouldn’t I be?”

“I’m just worried. I haven’t talked to you in ages because I’ve been busy with Eric, I feel like a bad friend.”

“Ella, we just talked this morning. And I get it, you need to spend time with your boyfriend, no hard feelings.”

“You sure?”

“Of course. Wait, Ella, before you hang up and do God knows what with Eric, in what way could I get closer to Liam?”

“Why not apply where he works?”