It's On!

"Guys, guys, settle down. C'mon, you're not some 5th graders. It's not like this is your first time on the beach. Gather up, I have something to announce." The head gym instructor said in a very loud voice.

Students went to sit on the sand. When the noise subsided and everyone has settled down, the gym instructor cleared his throat.

"So, I have told you guys that we're not here just to have fun. I also suggested this trip on the beach for a very important reason and you all know what that is...physical activities. With these activities, I'd be able to see your strength and how far could you go. It could also be a form of an exercise. And don't you dare complain. I know you teenagers are too absorbed on video games or shopping or what which is why I talked to the principal. By having these physical activities, you guys can be productive at least for a day. Just give it a try, okay? It's only one day then you guys can go back to playing video games and stuff."

Some students nodded.

"Anyway, I got a list of different physical activities here. I will place the list on the table; write your name under the physical activity you want to participate to."

We all muttered a 'yes'. He walked to the table and placed the list on top. Students wrote their names in rush. I walked towards Liam.

"Hey, bad boy." I greeted.

"Rich girl." He nodded his head in acknowledgement.

"So what physical activity would you join?" I asked.

"I haven't decided yet. You?"

"I'll choose what you choose." I smirked.

"Oh so you want to be beaten, huh?"

I was insulted by this.

"And who said I'm going to let you beat me?"

"No one has to say it. Guys always beat the girls."

"Sexist." I scoffed and came closer to him.

"So?"

"Oh, I'm going to show you that I can beat you in a snap."

"I'd like to see you try." He smirked.

"Oh it's on!"

"So what do I get if I win?"

"You choose."

"I have no idea yet. How about you?"

"I want a date with you." I stated, looking at him straight in the eyes.

"Want me that much, huh?" he smiled.

"You're so freaking boastful."

"Because I know how much you want me."

"Whatever, Jerk."

"Fine, brat."

"Good."

"Great."

"Let's see who would win this game?"

"Sure, I'd like to see you get beaten."

"No way."

"So let's choose a physical activity now."

"You choose."

"I'd like you to choose, I can beat you anywhere, anyway." He chuckled.

"Oh really? Fine. I'll choose...let's race in swimming. See that red flag? We'd swim until there and swim back. Whoever gets to the land first wins." I taunted.

"Bring it on." He taunted back.

We call a gym instructor who would judge. He told us to warm ourselves up first and get ready. When we were done, we took our positions. A crowd was gathered around us.

"You ready to lose?" Liam asked.

"Are you ready to be beaten?" I shot back.

"Let's see."

"On your marks, go!" the gym instructor yelled.

I jumped into the water, not bothering to see if Liam jumped at the same time or earlier. I just swam like a mad person. It wasn't about the competition. I didn't want to win because I wanted to prove to him that I could beat him. I wanted to win because I wanted to go out with him. This might be the only chance I'd get to have a date with him. I might as well take it. So I gave my all. I was prolonging my breath more than necessary. When I've reached the red flag, I saw that Liam reached it at the same time. I swam back to the land and kicked my legs harder, eager to win. When I reached the land, I saw Liam reach it too. The gym instructor held my hand to help me up.

I was panting as I sat on the white sand. Liam was doing the same.

"So are you ready to know who the winner is?" the gym instructor asked.

Liam and I looked at each other first before nodding.

"The winner is..."

Author's note:

And so that's the new chapter for you guys. I'm sorry I didn't update last Monday. And I have no excuse; I was just a lazy bum. Anyway, my entrance examination in my target/dream university is tomorrow, Sunday. AND WISH ME LUCK. Btw, thanks for everyone who prayed and wished me luck on the previous chap, I read your comments and it really motivated me. Thanks to the people who prayed for my grades in the card. Well, I passed everything even Physics and Trigonometry; thank God. So pray for me again, tomorrow, please? :* Thank you for all the support and love. >:D< <3 I love you guys so much. And my friend, @Lac_13 would start writing soon, support her first story. :D

What's next: Who would win? Would Lizzie get her dream date?

Next update: no promises, ASAP.

Love lots,

Mad <3

Copyright © 2012 keepingitreal15