Surprise

• Dedicated to My baby brother who died- RIP

We got ready to go to Mia's house. The ride to Mia's house was half an hour long from the mansion. I just sat in the backseat, listening to my iPod the whole time. Mia was fidgeting beside me. I think it has something to do with the fact that it was the first time she's gonna see her family after 3 years. Mia never went home even if she had day-offs. She thought it was a waste of money because of the transportation's cost. From what I know, she was saving money for her brother's college education. Lucky guy to have a sister like her. Even during the holidays, she couldn't go home because I would need her to assist me when I go to another country for vacation. The only fun part there is that she had been in Paris, Japan, Greece, London, Ireland, LA and other places because of me. But I don't think it was enough to ease her homesickness.

"Mia, would you please stop shaking like a leaf?"

My voice startled her. She looked at me.

"Uh, I'm sorry, Ms. Lizzie. You know that it's been 3 years since I last saw them. What if they're mad at me? Oh my God, they might think I left them!" Mia's eyes widened as she thought about the possibilities. She was obviously panicking.

I patted her shoulder. "Mia, follow after me."

She nodded.

"Inhale..." I took a deep breath then she followed.

"Exhale." I let out my breath, same as Mia did.

We repeated the action a few more times.

"Okay, Mia, relax. Stop thinking about negative things. I'm pretty sure they missed you and they would be happy when they see you."

"You think so?"

"Yes. Now just enjoy the ride."

"Okay. Thank you. Ms. Lizzie!"

"Why do you always call me Ms. Lizzie? Why don't you call me Lizzie?"

"You're the daughter of my boss, Ms. Lizzie."

"I know. But you're like a sister to me already. So I want you to call me Lizzie instead."

"But your father--"

"--wouldn't mind. He knows you're like a sister to me."

"Okay, Miss...I mean, Lizzie."

I just smiled at her and closed my eyes. I let my thoughts drift until they reached the object of my attention, Liam. I mentally sighed as I thought about his dark locks, his beautiful eye and his finger-licking abs. I felt myself unconsciously smile just by thinking of him. After Mark gave me his files about Liam's personal information, I got busy swooning over him and searching him in Facebook, Twitter, Formspring and Tumblr. But there were too many people with the name Liam Cooper. I couldn't spend the day clicking their profiles one by one. I realized that moment that Mark wasn't very good at his job. Well, he wasn't able to give me Liam's address, his favorites, his family background and most importantly his number! Oh and Mark didn't even give me pictures of him! When I realized those things, I called up Mark at 2:30 A.M. And told him that's lucky because I was too busy being obsessed with Liam that I didn't have time to plot my revenge for his poor investigating skills. But as a punishment, I forced him to stay up until 5 in the morning to listen to me. I was blabbering non-stop about Liam's abs. And I knew, it was punishment enough because no guy wants to hear a girl talking about another guy's abs. Mia was begging me to let her see Liam's files but I gave her a firm 'no'. I wasn't ready to tell anyone about Liam yet. I had to see him first.