Chapter 35

As Nicolette and Draco walked away, Nicolette turned her head slightly, pursed her lips, and sent me a petty, finger wave. I responded by wiping away the rest of the tears on my face and giving her my best middle finger.

Once they'd turned the corner, the sobs had come back harder than before. I made my way back to the Gryffindor Common Room, holding my hand over my mouth so that I wouldn't be too loud while I cried. The paintings on the Great Staircase we're giving me the worried looks, and one nice painting asked if I was alright.

I shook my head in response and just kept going up the stairs.

"Fluxweed." I choked out to the Fat Lady.

"Are you alright dear?" She asked.

"Fluxweed," I repeated, letting out another sob right after.

"Feel better." Said the Fat Lady before swinging open the portrait door and I muttered a quick thanks.

The only people in the Common Room at that moment were the Weasley Twins, Angelina Johnson and Lee Jordan. I tried my hardest to rush up to my dorm without any of them noticing that I was crying hysterically, but of course, nothing that day was going right.

"Maya? What's the matter?" Asked Fred. He stood up concerned, and George had followed suit.

I held up my hand as an attempt to say that I was fine, and booked it up the Girls' Staircase. I opened the door to my room and looked at my empty dorm.

Of course, the only day that I come up to my dorm sobbing was the day that I decided to let Remi go to Divination with Harry, so I couldn't even cry and cuddle with my monkey at the same time.

I shut the door behind me with a loud bang and sat on my bed. I was still crying, with almost no signs of stopping at this point. I rummaged through my drawer looking for my blade but to no avail.

"Damn it, Hermione," I cried. I reached into the drawer under it and chugged my potion that would get rid of my cravings. I sat on my bed and cried for at least another two minutes, and suddenly I heard a knock on the door.

"Hey, it's Angelina." said a voice from outside of my dorm.

Angelina and I weren't exactly close; I would call her a friend of mine because we were both chasers on the Gryffindor quidditch team and we talked a lot in practice. Other than that we didn't speak much. We didn't have much of an opportunity; she was seventeen and a sixth year, and we didn't have many common interests other than quidditch. I'd always known that she was extremely sweet and gave unbelievably soothing pep talks before games, so I saw her as a big sister in a way, at least whenever we did talk.

"Yes?" I asked amid a hiccup.

"Are you alright, loves?" She asked kindly.

"Yeah," I said shortly, trying to hold in my sobs. "It's nothing."

I heard her sit down in front of the door, and put her back to the door. "Are you sure?"

Her voice was so calming and soft, that I actually felt a little better just by hearing it. I got off of my bed, trudged over to the door, and put my back against the door.

"I'm overreacting," I choked out. "It'll be okay."

"So there is something," Clarified Angelina.

"Yeah, there is," I sniffled. I suddenly got a flashback to the night of the Yule Ball, and that just caused more of the tears to come harder and faster. "It's not that serious."

"Maya, loves," Said Angelina. "What's the matter?"

"Promise not to tell anyone?" I asked.

"Of course not," said Angelina.