Chapter 39

"Wait a month or two and we'll see," I smirked.

"What kind of—" Ryan cut himself off. "Why do you do this to me."

"Awww," I said  teasingly, as he turned red.

"Leave me alone." He whined.

"Why should I?" I asked smirking.

"Because you're making me uncomfortable and I don't even know if you like me back yet." He said.

"I just need time to think. Sure you're a nice guy, but I don't think I'm ready to date yet." I said.

"Well, I'll wait. As long as it takes." Ryan said shooting me a shy grin.

"I think that's the cheesiest thing you have ever said," I said with a laugh.

"But it's true. Any guy would be lucky to have you, and it would be more than amazing if I were that guy." Ryan said blushing a little.

"Nope, that right there is the cheesiest thing that I have ever heard you say. " I said. "But why me? I'm not even pretty."

"You've got to be kidding me," Ryan said. "Look in a mirror. You are probably the most beautiful girl in this school."

"I doubt it. There are girls in this school who are flat-out gorgeous." I said.

"Like who?" Ryan asked.

"Cho Chang, Angelina Johnson, Hermione," I said counting with my fingers.

"That doesn't mean that you can't beautiful along with them." Ryan said.

"Stop," I said suddenly.

"Stop what?" He asked.

"Stop calling me beautiful and pretty and gorgeous and all of that other bullshit," I said.

"Well it's true—" I cut him off. "It isn't."

"Yes it is—" I cut him off again.

"Drop it, Ryan. I'm not beautiful or pretty or anything like that. I'm gross. That's all I am, and all I ever will be. No one's opinion will change that. Just drop it." I said as tears started to blur my vision.

I quickly wiped my eyes. Ryan pulled me in for a hug.

"Think what you want, but in my mind, there will always be a little heart next to your name," Ryan said as he pulled away from the hug.

"Good Night," Ryan said giving me a kiss on the cheek.

I looked down, my hair covering my face as I blushed. "Bye."

I turned around and started walking toward the hospital wing when I heard a clap coming from behind me. I turned around.

"Did you just high five yourself?" I asked Ryan.

He turned around with his face red. "No." And then he ran away.

"He's such a geek," I muttered to myself shaking my head and smiling.