Chapter 19

Harry and I just sat there, not knowing what to do. My mind was racing, my heart was pounding, and it felt as if I was going to vomit all over the place.

Harry looked a little calmer, but I could tell that he was freaking out just as much as I was.

"Harry," I mumbled, my voice shaking intensely.

No one clapped—everyone began to whisper, some standing up so that they could get a better look at our horror-stricken faces.

"Harry," I mumbled again.

"I didn't put our names in." Said Harry, mostly aimed towards Ron, Ariel, and Hermione. "You guys know I didn't."

They just stared at the both of us, blankly. I noticed Ariel giving me a bit of an annoyed side-eye, and I just felt my mind slowly begin to fog.

"I-I did-didn't either." I stuttered out quietly, trying to get my breathing under control. "Harry, what do we do?"

He gave me a look of pure hopelessness and confusion, and I knew from that moment, we were royally fucked.

I looked at Blaise and Draco, who looked completely shocked and confused, and then looked two seats over to Nott who was nearly in hysterics from laughing so hard.

"Harry and Amaya Potter," repeated Dumbledore. "Both of you, up here, if you please."

I grabbed onto Harry's wrist for comfort, as we both got up from the bench. Harry stumbles slightly, while I just held my head down, trying not to let my anxiety get the best of me.

"How did this happen?" I thought. "Why us? Why couldn't it be Nott or one of the Parkinsons or someone?"

We walked towards the table, and I gripped his wrist a little tighter, trying to ignore the stares that we were getting from everyone in the room. I was shaking profusely, as was Harry.

We walked along the teachers' table and went through the door that the other Champions had gone through.

The room was lowly lit, with a small fireplace, a few lounge chairs, and aligning the walls were paintings of witches and wizards.

"Maya?" asked Cedric, causing me to flinch, and my eyes to snap to him. "What are you doing here?"

"What is it?" Asked Fleur. "Do zey want us back in ze hall?"

Fleur, Viktor, and Cedric were all staring at me and Harry. I shook my head quickly, not knowing what to say.

"What is it then?" Asked Cedric.

I closed my eyes so that I couldn't see the look on his face, and bit my lip so hard that I could taste blood.

"Extraordinary!" Ludo Bagman muttered, bustling into the room and squeezing Harry's arm. "Absolutely extraordinary! Gentlemen...lady," he added, approaching the fireside and addressing the other three.

"May I introduce—incredible though it may seem—the fourth and fifth Triwizard champions?"

"Oh no." I thought, trying my hardest to avoid the look on Cedric's face.