Chapter 52

CHRISTMAS MORNING

"Maya! Wake up!" Ariel said jumping on my back and waking me up.

Ariel's feelings change like a light switch. One day I was fighting her because she was having a Tantrum, the next she was a sweet little girl who's excited for Christmas that doesn't hit people.

"Why would I be excited, I didn't get presents, did I?" I asked. "Yes, you did!" Ariel exclaimed. "Harry, Hermione and Ron are waiting for you downstairs!" Ariel said grabbing my hand and trying to drag me out of bed.

I sighed, getting out of bed and going into the bathroom.

I quickly brushed my teeth, took my pill and went downstairs to see the Christmas tree surrounded with about seven or eight presents.

"Oh my god," I Said in awe. "Are one of those for me?"

"Actually, all of them are for you. We already opened ours." Harry grinned. I ran over and dropped to my knees in front of the tree.

"No way!" I exclaimed in excitement.

I'd never gotten presents, since my foster parents—you know, and I never really had friends before Hogwarts.

That was the first REAL Christmas I had ever had, and I was enjoying every single second of it.

I looked at them, deciding which one I should open up first.

I saw a small box that said Draco's name on it, with a note attached to it, that said "Happy Christmas Maya!"

"Oh, that's Draco's. He owled it to me a few days ago and told me to put it under the tree for you." Hermione said.

"Why didn't he just give it to me?" I asked.

"He knew you were going to try to open it before Christmas."

"True," I Said.

I opened the box to see an emerald necklace.

"Oh. My. God." I said, looking at the necklace in awe.

There was a little note taped to the inside of the lid.

It said:

"Yes, that is real diamond and real emerald Potter, did I outshine your puny boyfriend?"

I laughed.

"What is it?" Asked Ariel, leaning over my shoulder.

She gasped. "Did Draco get that for you?"

I nodded.

"What is it?" Hermione asked. I handed her the box.

"Oh my—Maya you're so oblivious, honestly," Hermione said.

"Oblivious to what?" I asked.

"Merlin, even I can see that Malfoy's got a bit of a crush on you," Ron said.

"What? Draco? No. No way. He's my best friend." I Said. "He could never have a crush on me."

"Explain why he's so jealous every time he finds out that you like a guy." Hermione crosses her arms.

"He wasn't jealous, just protective," I Said.

"Okay, Maya." Sighed Hermione.

Fifteen minutes later I got through all of my presents.

Ron had gotten me candy from Hogsmeade, Hermione got me a planner, Ariel got me a pair of fuzzy socks and Mrs. Weasley had gotten me a red sweater with the letter 'M' on it, along with a tray of fudge.