Chapter 60

That night, I woke up to a faint scream. I shot up and pulled back the curtains on my bed. I looked around, seeing that the rest of the room was sleeping.

"It was probably just a dream." I thought.

I sighed, getting out of bed. It was about 3 AM, and knowing me, I wasn't going to be able to go back to sleep. I pulled down my nightgown, going down the stairs, expecting to see an empty Common Room, but no, most of the Boy's dorms were down there, along with some of the girls.

There was a lot of commotion, people talking loudly about what woke them up.

"Everyone be quiet please—" I heard Percy plead, adjusting his Head Boy badge.

"EVERYONE QUIET!" I exclaimed, causing everyone to shut up.

"Thank you," I mumbled, walking over to a shaken Ron and Harry.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Sirius Black!" He exclaimed. "In our dormitory! With a knife! Woke me up!"

My eyes widened.

"Sirius I swear to god—" I thought.

"Ron, are you sure? It might have just been a nightmare." I said.

"I'm telling you—" Ron was cut off by McGonagall.

"Now really, enough is enough!" Said McGonagall furiously. "I am delighted that Gryffindor won the match, but this is getting ridiculous! Percy, I expected better of you!"

"I certainly didn't authorize this, Professor!" Said Percy. "I was just telling them to all get back to bed! My brother Ron here had a nightmare—"

"IT WASN'T A NIGHTMARE!" Ron yelled. "PROFESSOR, I WOKE UP, AND SIRIUS BLACK WAS STANDING OVER ME, HOLDING A KNIFE!"

Professor McGonagall just stared at him. "Don't be ridiculous Weasley, how could he have gotten through the Portrait Hole?"

"Ask him!" Shouted Ron, pointing at the Portrait hole.

We all watched silently as Professor McGonagall walked outside of the Gryffindor Common Room.

"Sir Cadogan," she started. "Did you just let a man into the Gryffindor Tower?"

"Certainly, good lady." He said, making me almost facepalm.

"Why Sirius why?" I thought.

"You—you did?" Asked McGonagall, obviously taken aback with his reply. "But—the password!"

"He had 'em!" Said a proud Sir Cadogan. "Had the whole week's Professor! Read them off a little piece of paper!"

Professor reentered the Common Room, her face so pale that someone could mistake her for a ghost.

"Which abysmally foolish person wrote down this week's passwords and left them lying around?" Said McGonagall with her voice shaking.

No one spoke, but the silence was quickly broken by a small squeak next to me.

I turned my head, to see Neville Longbottom, slowly raising his hand.

"Oh god." I thought as I put a comforting hand on his shoulder.

She sent an icy look at him that made him cower in fear."Mr. Longbottom!" She hissed angrily. "We will deal with this in the morning!"

She turned on her heel and worriedly walked out of the door. Everyone turned and looked at Neville, who had a sudden interest in the Gryffindor carpet.