Chapter 3

"Maya, are you sure you want to do this spell? All of the scars will be completely gone forever..." Said Harry.

Harry and I were sitting on the floor in my room, directly after I'd gotten off of the phone with Michael. "What do you mean 'are you sure'?" I asked. "Yes, I am completely sure. I just want a blank slate."

Alright," Sighed Harry, picking up his wand. I pulled up the pants to my leggings and my sleeves.

"Marcam Auferte..." Said Harry in a hushed tone. I watched in awe as all of the scars faded away into nothing. For a second I just stared at it. Then I looked up at Harry, who was smiling and tackled him. "Thank you so much," I said while hugging him. He laughed and awkwardly patted my back while I was basically on top of him.

"You're welcome. Now get off, we have to get ready." Said Harry, lifting me off of him.

I squeaked, not expecting it. "What was that?" Asked Harry with a laugh.

"I didn't realize you could pick me up," I said as we stood up. "I most definitely can. You're really light." Said Harry. "You've got to be what? One hundred pounds?"

"I fucking wish," I muttered under my breath. "Now, get out." I pushed him out of the door and shut it behind him.

"This is going to be one hell of a night." I thought while letting out a sigh.

~~~

It was six o'clock and I began to feel completely anxious. Harry had already left on the night bus, leaving me to get emotional support from Ariel.

"It's going to be really good." Said Ariel, as she brushed through my hair.

"I dunno kid, I'm really nervous," I said. "I feel like something is going to happen."

"And whatever happens is going to be good. I promise," assured Ariel as she put the brush down. "Done."

Right as she said that, the doorbell rang.

I felt my stomach leap, as Ariel just grinned at me. "He's hereee." said Ariel.

"Oh god, oh god, oh god." I thought as I stood up. I slipped on the silver shoes that I had gotten with Michael nearly two years ago and looked at myself in the mirror.

"You look so pretty." Chirped Ariel, wrapping me in a hug. I smiled and adjusted the strap on my dress. "Am I wearing too much makeup?" I asked. "Maya you're only wearing lipstick." Said Ariel. "I know, but it feels weird," I said.

The doorbell rang again. I took a deep breath and began to make my way down the stairs with Ariel in tow. Halfway down the stairs, I saw Piers standing at the door talking to Cedric. "Oh no," I muttered, moving a little bit faster. When I got down there, I practically shoved Piers out of the way and looked up at Cedric.

His jaw went completely slack as he looked at me, and I forced back a laugh. "Maya, who is this bloke?" Asked Piers.

"My...er–Cedric," I responded. "But aren't you dating a guy named Blaise?" Asked Piers. I saw Cedric snap back into focus and he looked at me. "What?" asked Cedric. "Nope, I lied," I said quickly, shuffling to get out of the door.

"But—" I cut Piers off by slamming th door in his face, and facing Cedric.

"Hi," I said. "What did he mean by asking—" I quickly cut him off.

"He hit on me, and I lied and said that Blaise was my boyfriend, just because he's my best friend."

"So you aren't interested in him?" Asked Cedric. "Oh god no. Blaise is my best friend and my best friend only." I said with a laugh.