Chapter 23

The next day at eight o'clock in the evening, I walked into the Potions classroom, wondering what Professor Snape was going to do for my detention.

"Please sit Miss Potter." Professor Snape said. I sat down at the front desk.

"Since your essay on Wolfsbane was more than exemplary, You are going to be grading the rest of the essays. Assuming I can trust you..." His voice trailed off.

"Of course sir," I said. He put a stack of papers on my desk.

"There are 100 papers in this stack." Professor Snape said and sat at his desk. "Mr. Malfoy should be here to help you."

As if on cue, Draco Malfoy walked into the Potions classroom. "What did you do?" I asked Draco.

He sat down next to me.

"I punched this Ravenclaw in the face." Draco shrugged.

"Who?" I asked.

"No one that you know. But he's really annoying, so I decided to act on it." Draco shrugged.

"Draco! You shouldn't punch random Ravenclaws that are annoying in the hallway." I scolded.

"He's my cousin." Said Draco.

"Oh," I Said. "Why would you punch your cousin?"

"He was annoying." Draco repeated.

I rolled my eyes and sighed. "Come on. Start grading these papers." I said.

~~~

"We're done, Professor!" I exclaimed.

"You two may go," Snape said.

Draco and I got up and left the classroom. "Are you going to Hogsmeade tomorrow?" Draco asked.

"Probably not. I never got that sheet signed so..." I said.

"Oh," Draco said.

"At least I won't be alone. Harry and Ariel are going to be with me." I said.

"Well, I'll be alone. I noticed that Ron and Hermione are going with each other, and I don't want to intrude...and I don't want to deal with Pansy." Draco said.

"I'll try to go. If I don't, you can stay with me and Harry if you don't want to go that badly." I said.

"Thanks," Draco said putting an arm around my shoulders.

"What are best friends for?" I asked wrapping an arm around his waist.

Then a person rounded the corner. It was Cedric.

"Hey Ced," I said.

Hey Maya." Cedric smiled at me.

Then he looked at Draco. Cedric shot Draco a look so quickly, that I couldn't interpret it. Draco glared at him.

"You better get back to your common rooms. Curfew is in twenty minutes." Cedric said.

"Ok thanks. Bye." I said and walked off with Draco.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Did you see the look he gave me?" Draco asked.

"I saw that he gave you a look," I said.