Chapter 45

Harry looked at me, ignored me, then turned back around. "Harry? What's wrong?" I asked. "Did I do something?" He didn't say anything until I finally realized what he was talking about.

"Oh no no no." I thought. "Did–Did Ryan tell you what happened?" I asked. Harry finally turned to me and nodded. "I thought you said that you were fine," said Harry.

"I am okay? You're just worrying over something that just isn't important." He stared at me for what felt like forever.

"Harry?" I asked.

"Maya. I don't know what to say to you. Leave me alone. For a day or two. I need time to think." said Harry.

"Harry—" He cut me off. "Just leave." Tears filled my eyes as I stood up.

"I'm sorry," I apologized. "For everything. I get it."

I left the Hospital Wing and closed the door behind myself. With teary eyes, I began my walk back to the Common Room. Halfway there, one of the last three people that I wanted to see at that moment turned the corner and began walking towards me.

"Hey Maya, are you okay now?" Asked Ryan, coming straight up to me. He tried to hug me, but I quickly glared at him and pushed him away.

"I cannot fucking believe you," I said in almost a growl. "What? What did I do?" Asked Ryan, looking genuinely confused.

I crossed my arms and looked at him with a raised eyebrow. After about five seconds, he'd realized what I was talking about.

"Maya, I'm sorry—" I cut him off with a swift smack to the face. Afterward, I looked at my hand that was stinging a tiny bit with pain, while Ryan held his hand to his cheek that was turning a bright red.

"Okay, I deserved that, but listen—" I cut him off.

"I TOLD YOU SPECIFICALLY NOT TO TELL ANYONE!" I screamed. "I CANNOT FUCKING BELIEVE THAT YOU JUST TOLD HIM, AND NOW GUESS WHAT? HE'S FUCKING DISAPPOINTED IN ME. AGAIN. FOR THE THOUSANDTH TIME THIS FUCKING YEAR."

I took a step back while digging my fingernails into the palm of my hands. I took a deep breath and looked back at Ryan who looked genuinely horrified.

"Maybe if you learned to keep your mouth fucking shut, then I wouldn't have a brother who thinks I have something wrong with me!"

"Lestrange, what the hell did you do?" Snarled Draco, coming out of literally nowhere.

"And you!" I exclaimed, turning to Draco and jabbing a finger into his chest. "I don't need fucking antidepressants! IM FUCKING FINE!"

At that point, I was so mad that I was breathing heavily out of my nostrils.

"Why are you even mad? They're trying to help you..." Said the voice in the back of my head.

I shook my head and stepped back so I could glare at the both of them. "Why in the hell does it seem to run in your family to try to ruin my fucking life!" I screamed.

"Maya, you need to calm down and listen." Said Draco calmly. "We're just trying to help you."

"I'm fine," I said stubbornly.

"But are you?" Asked the voice again. I shook it out of my head and looked back at Draco and Ryan.

"If you were fine then you wouldn't be getting so defensive and screaming, and hitting us. If you were fine then all of your friends wouldn't be constantly worried about your well being. If you were fine, I believe that your body would have been able to take two cups of macaroni and two small wings. If you were fine, then you wouldn't have all of those cuts all over your legs. Need I say more?" Asked Ryan.