Chapter 21

MAYA'S POINT OF VIEW

I ran out of Myrtle's bathroom and to the Black Lake. Cedric was sitting under a tree with a picnic blanket and basket. I sat next to him.

"Hey," I said.

"Hi," Cedric said.

I took the picnic basket from Cedric, making him chuckle. I checked it for good food. There were chocolate-covered strawberries, mini sandwiches, and Two slices of chocolate cake.

"You really didn't have to do all of this," I said with a smile.

"Of course I did. My girlfriend deserves the best," Cedric said. He grinned as my face began to turn a bright red.

"You are adorable." Cedric laughed.

"Since when was I not?" I asked jokingly, doing a hair flip.

"I like how you can be yourself around me. People that I have dated in the past, they think they have to change themselves for me to like them. It's quite annoying really." Cedric said.

"The sunset looks really pretty," I said.

"It does doesn't it," Cedric said putting an arm around my shoulders.

I rested my head on his shoulder.

We sat there staring at the sunset for Merlin knows how long. After a while, I looked at Cedric. He wasn't looking at the sunset. He was looking at me.

"What? Do I have something on my face?" I asked, as he just stared at me.

"No, you just look really pretty at the moment," Said Cedric, slowly leaning in.

My eyes widened, knowing full and well that he was going in to kiss me.

"Stay calm, Maya," I reminded myself. "Stay calm."

Butterflies filled my stomach, as my heart started pounding rapidly. He placed his right hand on my cheek, and softly brushed his lips against mine. Once the slight panic has subsided a few seconds later, I began to kiss him back.

To be completely honest, for my first consensual kiss, it was a damn good kiss. Nearly twenty seconds after, I pulled away for air.

"Stupid air." I thought.

"Yeah, the air is pretty stupid," Cedric said.

"Did I say that out loud?" I thought.

"Yes, you did," Cedric said cracking a smile. I blushed scarlet.

"Whoops," I said. "Moment ruined," I muttered to my self moving over a little.

"You're so cute." Cedric smiled pulling me closer again. I blushed even harder, covering my face with my hand.

"So where did you go with Professor McGonagall?" Cedric asked taking a bite out of a sandwich.

"Her office. She offered for me to be on the Gryffindor Quidditch team, as long as I can ride a broom." I said.

"What did you say?" Cedric asked.

"I said fine, as long as they don't make me miss my beauty sleep for practice," I said jokingly.

Cedric laughed and put his hand on my shoulder. "You're really cute."

I blushed. "Thanks."

"Wait, is there makeup on your arm?" Asked Cedric.

I immediately tensed and looked down at the little blotches of makeup that wiped off of my arm, revealing bits and pieces of every bruise.

"Yeah, it's nothing really," I Said trying to change the subject, but he clearly didn't care. He licked his thumb and rubbed some of the makeup off of my arm.