Chapter 37

I walked as fast as I could away from the Hospital Wing.

"Sirius, you are lucky that you were my dad's best friend," I muttered under my breath.

"Hey Maya!" Someone from behind me called. I froze and turned around.

Ryan.

"Hey Ryan." I said.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"Oh uh, the Gryffindor Common Room." I lied.

"You're lying." He said looking down. "I can tell."

"How do you know?" I asked.

"The Gryffindor Common Room is the other way. And you tap your fingers on your thigh when you lie." He said.

I looked down and saw that I was tapping my fingers.

"Bloody hell." I thought.

"No, I don't. I'm just tapping my fingers now. Force of habit. I gotta go, bye!" I said, quickly turning around and limping away.

"Wait!" He exclaimed catching up to me. "Can I come with?"

"No, it's okay, I'll be fine on my own—" he cut me off.

"Please." He asked.

"No," I said. "You'll most likely tell on me before I get the chance to explain, then I'll end up getting kicked out of school and—" he cut me off again.

"I wouldn't tell on you. Friends don't tell on each other." He said. "Now let's go."

"You'll hate me," I said. "I'll probably scare you so much that you'll hate me."

"I could never hate you," Ryan said with a slight blush on his cheeks.

"After this, you most definitely will," I said and started walking again.

"What are you doing? Harboring a fugitive?" He asked jokingly.

"Uh..." I said.

"You're harboring a fugitive!?" He whisper-yelled.

I shushed him and told him to keep moving. "We're going to the Forbidden Forest. Stay quiet." I said as we stepped out into the cold autumn night.

"Will I get expelled if I'm found with you?" He asked.

"Probably. But hey, you wanted to come. We're all in this together now." I said

(A/N: Anyone who didn't get that reference didn't have a proper childhood.)

"What did I just get myself into?" Ryan asked rhetorically, reaching the edge of the woods. "Lumos."

"We are going to meet Sirius Black," I explained in a hushed tone.

"WHAT!? TAKE ME BACK TO THE CASTLE!" Ryan screamed.

"Shut the hell up," I said. "He won't hurt you."

"Sirius Black wants to kill you! How could you ever meet up with him!?" Ryan whisper-yelled.

"I trust him. He didn't kill the muggles and Peter. Peter faked his death by cutting off his finger and turning into a rat, Peter's animagus. Now he happens to be Ron's rat. And I'm going to find him and bring him to Sirius." I explained.

"Can't you see that he's lying to you? He's trying to lure you in so he can kill you." Ryan said.

"Shut up," I said.

"But—" I cut him off.

"Shut up," I said louder. "I don't care if you believe me or not. Sirius Black is innocent. I'm not an idiot okay? I know what I'm doing."