Year 4: Chapter 1

"Amato animo animato animagus." I chanted, watching as the sun rose high in the sky.

It was officially June 30th, meaning that I had been at the Dursley's for nearly five days at that point. On the third day in, Sirius had sent me a package with all of the things I would need for the animagus potion.

Both Harry and Ariel hadn't seen it because Ariel was too busy bothering Dudley about video games, and Harry had cooped himself inside of his room. I had made the potion in less than twenty minutes, then shoved it under my bed, because not a pinch of sunlight would be able to touch it without some sort of awful side effect.

After I said the phrase, I stared out of the window at the horizon for a little longer. It was about 5:30 AM, and the whole neighborhood looked so...generic. Every single house looked the exact same, except for maybe one minor change, like having different mailboxes. Every person that walked or jogged by looked so plain, and everything looked almost...too normal.

I was then pulled out of my thoughts by a knock on the door. "Come in," I said, not looking at the door. I heard the opening and closing of a door, and after a moment of shuffling, I felt arms wrap around my torso. "Hi." Said Harry. "Since when are you this touchy?" I asked with a bit of a laugh.

"I'm just tired." Said Harry, resting his head on my shoulder. "Then go to sleep," I said. "I can't fall asleep again. I fell asleep too early." Said Harry, his groggy deep voice just shining through.

"What made you think I was awake?" I asked. "I dunno. Just had a feeling." Said Harry. "What are you looking at?"

"This neighborhood. I've never seen such lifeless people ever in my life. They're all so---" He cut me off. "Boing? Yes. Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon want the closest thing to normal as possible, since they're related to witches and wizards. This is probably as close as they could get." Said Harry, his head still on my shoulder.

I turned around so I could hug him back. "What's this for?" Asked Harry. "I love youuuuuuu." I groaned into his chest. He laughed a little. "I love you too. I wouldn't be able to imagine how my life would be without you in it. It would be so...weird." Said Harry. "Me too," I said, letting go of him.

"So what's our plan for today?" Asked Harry, sitting on my bed.

"Well, since we're going to Pansy and Layla's party, we have to go buy dress clothes. Do you want to go today or tomorrow?" I asked, taking a seat right next to him.

"I'd prefer today," Said Harry. "Okay. Are we bringing Ariel?" I asked.

"It's really up to you. I don't know if she would like it." Said Harry. "Wait, I forgot that she is going to Becca's house today. Maybe we could drop her off?" I suggested.

"Where do they live?" Asked Harry. "Godric's Hollow," I replied. "Do you know where that is?"

Harry's eyes widened. "They live in Godric's Hollow?" Harry asked rhetorically. I nodded. "That's where we used to live. Before mum and dad..." his voice trailed off. "Oh," I said.

"Well er—what time is she supposed to be there?" Asked Harry, changing the subject.

"Noon. How are we gonna get there?" I asked.

"I have about twenty pounds of muggle money, so we could always take a bus to Godric's Hollow." Said Harry. "Godric's Hollow can be accessed by a regular bus?" I asked. Harry nodded. "There are muggles that live in Godric's Hollow. It's basically a muggle town that has a high population of magical people."

"Ohhh," I Said. "Then what?"

"After we drop off Ariel, we take another bus to the entrance to Diagon Alley. And if we all by day passes, its fifteen pounds all together." Said Harry. "Okay, sounds like a plan," I Said, glancing over at the clock. "It's like six o'clock. Do you want to go back to bed?"

The Lost Potter || Draco Malfoy [BOOK 1]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें