Chapter 18

DRACO'S POINT OF VIEW

I was not having a good day, to say the least. It was October 30th, the day that Beauxbatons and Dumstrang were coming, and all I wanted to do that day was curl into a ball and die.

I burst into my dorm room, nearly scaring the ever-living shit out of Blaise.

"Jesus, mate." Said Blaise, who had nearly fallen off the bed. "What's the matter with you?"

"I need to get over Maya," I said, slamming the door behind me and sitting on my bed. "Immediately."

"Woah, what's wrong?" Asked Blaise.

"It's tearing me apart!" I exclaimed, dragging my fingers down my face roughly. "Every time I'm with her, it's so fucking amazing!"

"What's wrong with that?" Asked Blaise.

"She's in love with Diggory!" I yelled.

"Shes told me some things, like how lately she's been annoyed with Diggory." Said Blaise. "Also, the way that she talks about you is so much more—giddy—then when she talks about Diggory? I don't know how to describe it. But she'll give you a chance to swoop her off her feet eventually."

"Will she Blaise, will she?" I asked.

"Yes, she will," said Blaise calmly. Cedric Diggory isn't going to be a long term thing, I just know it isn't. She's flirted with you in the past, correct?"

"I think so," I said. "At the end of last year I was flirting with her, and she didn't exactly seem to hate it. And the number of times that she's held my hand or kissed me on the cheek just because she wanted to—Blaise, I'm nuts!"

"It's alright," said Blaise.

"No, it's not alright!" I exclaimed, standing up abruptly. "Have you seen me? I'm going soft. I have never been this happy and bubbly in my LIFE. Do you understand how bad this is?"

"No...?" Said Blaise.

"I've just started to notice how happy I look to other people man, and I don't think that's a good thing. I smiled at Lavender Brown in the hall yesterday while she was staring at me, and she flinched." I said. "It just doesn't feel right."

I began to pace the room, making wild hand gestures as I talked.

"Being...happy?" Asked Blaise. "I still don't know where you're going with this."

"Blaise, I wasn't even this happy around her at the beginning of our third year." Said Draco. "She's taking down my wall."

"That's a good thing, Draco." Said Blaise.

"But it isn't!" I exclaimed. "Blaise, people are beginning to notice. And if people know that I, Draco Malfoy, son of Lucius Malfoy, am head over heels for a girl to the point where I feel giggly..."

"Draco, it's not a big deal." Said Blaise.

"They're gonna think I'm a pussy!" I blurted, causing Blaise to bust out laughing.

"Draco, relax." Said Blaise in between laughs. "You'll be fine. What happened to the Draco Malfoy that didn't give a shit about what anybody says?"