Chapter 39

"___ can I speak to you alone before you board?" Leia said and Poe elbowed past you to get on the ship.

"Don't worry about them ___ they will come round, they don't know you, they only know of your story so far."

You smiled at her knowing full well Rey was in earshot.

"Excuse me a second General Organa" you said kindly and smiled at her.

You turned around and walked up to Rey, "Rey I don't want to be a burden to you and your team. I don't want you to feel-" she cut you off complaining that she had no desires to talk to you, "-just hear me out. You don't trust me, you have every right not to trust me, but I want you to. In fact you need to in order to make this trip worth while, so I've decided that you should take my saber. You don't have to keep it yourself I don't mind who carries it but I know that you'll give it back to me when I need it," you smiled at her and unclipped your lightsaber. You passed it her over nervously hoping this would help ease some tensions. You didn't let her respond in fear she might not have known how to, instead you continued,"now if you'll excuse me while I speak to Leia, I'll be on board momentarily".

You slowly walked back to Leia feeling the weight that should have been on your hip sink in a little more now, once you reached her she smiled at you, "that was a very kind thing to do for my friends ____. I know that you are conflicted and I feel you may have always been so, I only wish I'd have noticed when it had first mattered. However seen as I now know of your intentions I ask only this, if you can save him and I know you can. You'll need to save him in a different manner, in a way that Rey never could. Can I count on you for that?"

You didn't really know how to respond to her purely because you had no idea what she had meant, instead you looked at her with serenity and said,"Leia I love Ben Solo and if I could do anything to prove that to him, I will".

Leia nodded at you and closed her eyes in what looked to be a silent prayer.

"May the force be with you," you whispered to her and walked back towards the Falcon.

Once aboard the ship you noticed the rest of your 'team' were gathered in the cock pit discussing the route.

You sat in the middle of the ship and didn't go to them. They didn't ask for you and you had wanted to stay away.

...

"These are the exact coordinates Master Luke left behind," C3PO stated as you walked up to the festival which appeared before you.

"This festival only happens every 42 years, how incredibly-"

"-unfortunate" you chimed before C3PO finished "lucky we are".

They all looked at you and you averted your eyes from them, scanning your surroundings. You were beginning to feel like you were there as muscle.

"Let's go," you mumbled walking forward and leaving them behind.

As you walked in front of the rocks you had found yourself behind when parking, a scene of bright colours and sweet smells filled the air.

People were dancing in coloured robes and dresses, carnival beads being tossed between children, hot dry air blown through the crowd bringing up particles of sand and rock.

You closed your eyes and let the sun seep into your skin, a change of outfit since last night was a welcoming feeling. You had been kind enough to yourself to pack another outfit in your bag when deserting. Black linen trousers tucked into the same black lace boots, a tight black vest, you had even slaviged some leather arm braces. You clenched your hands together feeling the leather laced between your fingers also.

Opening your eyes once more you looked to your palms and saw your fingerless gloves. You held your breath, knowing that these had been given to you by Kylo, after months of him toiling over you forgetting them in practice, he'd had special ones made for you.

You fought off the urge to crack one of the boulders near by with the force.

Rey and Poe were walking past you now, C3PO, Chewie and Finn not too far behind them. BB8 was next to pass you, but only a foot or so before turning to regard you.

"Aren't you coming?" he said in a mix of tones and dialing sounds. Understanding droids was one of the nice aspects of being a force user and you appreciated his concern for you.

You nodded to him in response and followed slowly behind them all, eyeing your saber on Finns belt.

After walking through the crowds for some time you noticed Rey talking to one of the children, C3PO translating for her, she seemed sad.

You walked up to stand by her, "Rey wait up" you smiled at her weakly noticing a string of beads now around her neck.

She gave you a side eye glance before falling rather silent. The world around you both turned darker and the loud sounds of the music around you dwindled to a montonal hum. She hadn't noticed you had felt the presence of someone as she was experiencing. You shuffled backwards moving yourself behind a vehicle in the crowd, focusing on Rey.

A buzz swelled through your head likening the sound to that of your own heart beat. You felt Kylo as he appeared before Rey and you had hoped he had not sensed you.

"Palpatine wants you dead," Kylo said in an echoed tone.

"Serving another Master?" Rey asked and you wondered from her tone if she was hiding how frightened he made her feel.

"No I have other plans...I offered you my hand once...you wanted to take it, why didn't you?"

"You could have killed me, why didn't you?"

"You can't hide Rey, not from me!"

What was this? A game of who can act more guarded than the other?

You zoned out slightly scanning the area for troopers.

"...I'm going to find you and I'm going to turn you to the dark side..."

You heard Kylo once more and although you knew full well he had been talking to Rey you couldn't help but mumble, "you tried that once, I'm not going to let it happen again."

"Huh," Rey quizzed as she turned around, Kylo had sensed it also, so you backed further behind the vehicle slumping down and opting to listen.

"When I offer you my hand again, you'll take it" Kylo finished and Rey turned around to face you, you had moved to stand by her again.

"Rey?" you questioned trying to act like she had gone into a trance you hadn't been part of.

"____ we have to go-"

"What we only just got here we have to keep going-"

"No we have to find the others" she stormed past you to find Chewie stood with Poe, Finn and C3PO. BB8 was on your tail.

"We have to go they know we are here," she exclaimed.

"Erm guys... Too late," you fumbled pointing at the first order ships on the horizon.

You began running but it was cut short when a trooper alerted the others around him to your whereabouts. Quickly an arrow was shot straight through the troopers helmet and you were being pulled by someone onto a ground vehicle.

A/n. Hey peeps. I guess from now on the chapters may be a little shorter and I honestly don't want to write out every aspect of each scene in the movie so I may take some time jumps but I should hope if you're reading you already know what happens.

Thanks x