Chapter 37

You walked to Kylo's door, watched as it opened for you.

You thought about what Hux was about to do, what this could all mean for your existence and the more you thought the more anxiety consumed you.

The Commander hadn't been around much lately and whenever he had asked for you his mind had been elsewhere. The thought scared you that his bond with Rey may have been stronger than you originally presumed. You sighed, your heart aching and somewhere deep down between your desire to overthrow the First Order and your want for freedom you missed the Resistance and you missed Leia.

Sitting on Ren's sofa you busied yourself with a book you'd been carrying around for sometime. Days were often like this now, sitting and waiting, behaving and existing. Kylo had asked you to his quarters less and less. When he did he wanted your opinion not your body, your help and guidance.

Your hands fell to your lap, sighing. Was this all you wanted? You felt the fabric of your dress between your fingers, you'd picked it yourself. Long black velvet, cinched at the waist with a metallic belt.

Perhaps this was your job now, to be a concubine. Or was it slowly dwindling into something else. A therapist? A shrink? A friend?

Kylo must have already been on the ship when he had interrupted your conversation with Hux as you had only read one small chapter when he reached his door.

He passed through the threshold and stumbled forward, letting the door shut behind him.

Is he hurt? You thought, rising quickly from your seated position and dropping your book.

"Supreme Leader," you gasped moving over to him swiftly.

"I'm fine ___, I just needed to see you," he explained moving past you and onto his chair.

He looked a little worse for wear and you'd known why, of course. He had completed his mission, to find the Sith Wayfinder and locate Palpatine. He had risen the Star Destroyers, he resurrected a fleat, an army...a war. All to end up back on this ship with you in his quarters.

"What did you want to see me about?" You asked perturbed he'd asked to see you at all.

"I'm going to overthrow Palpatine--"

What the actual fuck? He was going to overthrow the most powerful Sith you think you had ever read about.

"Kylo, what could you possibly mean by that?" you said a little hurt you hadn't figured it out before he'd said it. Your force bond got weaker and weaker by the days he spent away from you.

"I don't want to be ruled ___, I want to be The ruler," he stood and began to pace.

"I mean..." what did he want you to say? Agree? Ask to join him? Pledge your assistance to his cause?

"I don't want you to do any of that," he mused clearly still more in tune with you than you were with him, "I want you to take my hand in all this. Rule with me together we would be unstoppable."

You took a step backwards, "no".

"___ I never stopped feeling for you, I never doubt that you're mine," he said confused you hadn't just jumped for joy and taken his hand.

"Kylo, that's madness. I don't see you for weeks, you're not mine, you never have been. Force bond or not, I'm not evil..." you panicked stepping further away.

"But you've committed so much bad in the First Order, you killed your own mother when you were a child. You would have killed me and Hux the day you saved my mother," he growled angry at your lack of commitment to him.

"I killed my mother because she hurt me Kylo, in the end (however brutal) it was still self defense. I would have killed you and Hux but why was that? I was consumed by dark energy, dark force! If you do this, you won't ever see that's what is happening to you..." you were against the wall now, your back touching his door.

"I'm sorry...I can't watch you take this path--"

You saw his eyes change from hatred to fear, he was about to lose you. Lose you to a cause he thought was the only way.

You looked at him your own fear getting the better of you. "--I won't see it, Ben."

You reached out your hand and halted him with ease. Focusing your energy to allow him to sleep, as he had done to you so many times on board that ship you had lost count.

You walked to him, for the first time realisation coming to your senses. You let go of your hatred, squatting so you could touch him.

You placed a hand on his cheek, the feeling of his skin underneath your touch so powerful. Magnetised to him always.

You took in a deep shaking breath and felt your lips quivering.

Your eyes unable to stop your tears from falling any longer.

You caught them with your free hand and pushed your other hand into his hair, "I will see you again. I know it. I'll see you when you need me the most," you placed a kiss on his forehead and took your leave from his quarters.

With a quickened pace you moved towards your own room, finding your backpack from all those days prior. You stuffed in the necessities you'd need and tore open your wardrobe to get a change of clothes. Dresses were rather impractical for where you were going.

You found out your black leggings and tucked a black shirt into them. Next you found out your thigh high black laced leather boots and pulled them on. Finally you donned your black waistcoat and your cloak. Attaching your saber to your belt you marched towards Hux, his signature leading you to his now much tinier office.

You used the force on the door and watched it slide into its panel with ease, "General," you said, knowing it was no longer a status he was addressed as.

He looked at you, no need for words to know exactly what your were about to do. You lowered your voice and held his gaze, "good luck sir."

He smiled at you trying to form a sentence a way to explain everything that had happened to you both since you had met. A way to explain the reasons for what he had done this far, but you didn't have time. You took your leave.

You needed a ship.

A/N Another short one I know but all in good time.

This story is about to get a lot less Kylo and a lot more story. There will still be moments and a very important one too. I hope you can be patient with this and see it to the end with me.

Thank you always ❤️

Els