Prologue - Part 2

"Go it's fine, please, just get to the shed, you'll be safe there," you pleaded eyes welling with tears your shoulder stinging so badly, never had you felt pain quite like what you were sporting now.

"No I can't leave you," Jimmy cried his face stern but you knew he was scared, he wanted to run.

"Jim, I won't lose anyone else, for fuck sake go, I will be fine, you can't fight, you can barely stand!" you shouted over the circling resistance planes.

"Bu-"

"GO! I'll cover you!" you shouted firing the gun at a storm trooper who was in the way of Jimmy's escape, "NOW!" you screamed this time as the old man grabbed the shoulder of his friend and started to hobble towards the forest.

~~~

"Jimmy!" you shouted at the man who had fallen to a fat heap on the floor. Whaling in pain as he tried to free his leg. One of his friends, you'd forgotten his name, was already lugging the rock off his leg. You threw your bag against the rock coverage and found your blaster pistol, it was your most favourite weapon, custom bought and stunning.

You looked over the cover to see all out war, a swarm of white soldiers and strangely in the centre the two men you had seen talking to Maz earlier, gods you hoped she was okay.

This was the closest you'd ever been to the First Order and you didn't want to get any closer. You aimed your pistol at an unsuspecting stormtrooper and they fell to the ground. You often wondered how the Galaxies most famed warriors could be so dumb.

Jimmy snapped you out of your daze as he fell to the side of you, back up against the rubble his body entirely in cover. His eyes were shut and you could tell he was doing his best to breathe through the pain. His friend eyed him up, a huge man - shoulders that seemed wider than most doors from where you sat - he seemed kind who else would wait for a done for old man while a First Order battle went on around him?

"Take him to his old shed, you know it?" you said to the man, he nodded almost as though he didn't speak English.

"No," Jimmy mumbled, "I'm done for, leave me!"

"By heck am I leaving thee old man, you need to collect number thirty-two!" you smiled looking down at him with reassurance.

"No, girl, go I have lived my life," he wheezed but you weren't taking the sad bullshit old man story likely. Your ripped the ends of both sleeves and made a tourniquet for his leg that didn't seem broken but was soaked in blood, at least that would slow the bleeding and then at the shed there'd be more to work with.

"Gramps I hate to break it to you, but we are surrounded, I ain't going anywhere either." you said as you shot a few more lingering troopers.

You wanted to cry, curl up in a ball and cry, if they caught you, if Kylo was here....well it didn't bare thinking about the lengths they'd go to get you on their side. But you were the only one with a gun and so your brain leaped into action, shooting all the enclosing troopers, most hits were successful but there were a few you mentally cursed yourself over.

Large Guy, as you had aptly named him had come and sat against the wall with Jim, you expected he would just batter any troopers that got close enough with his huge gorilla fists. Of course you didn't have much cover now, but it didn't matter much to get a good aim you had to stand and shoot in intervals.

For one particular shot you had your back to a trooper and before Large Guy had chance to warn you, he'd shot you in the shoulder, blistering pain coursing through your veins as though you were still on fire. But you didn't flinch the adrenaline pumping through you like a galloping horse, you'd punch the next person who got close enough. You spun on your heal and aimed for the trooper who'd left you with a nasty scar. Shooting at him three or four times anger consuming your actions he'd truly managed to fuck your shoulder blade up badly.

Your pain finally caught up with you and you fell behind the cover, a sea of white helmets growing closer to you, but you'd lost all attachment to reality, your head pounding your vision gone, you couldn't even hear the war around you.

Blackness and silence.

...

"WAKE UP, ____ THEY'RE HERE, THE RESISTANCE ARE HERE," was what broke your paralyzed mind out of its mild strop, you shook the haze away and noticed Large Guy and Jim were in front of you, more gun fire could be heard now, but also planes lots of planes and then it dawned on you, what Large Guy had said, the good guys were fighting back.

Wait why are they fighting...? You forgot that thought for the moment, it didn't matter too much.

~~~

"GO! I'll cover you!" you shouted firing the gun at a storm trooper who was in the way of Jimmy's escape, "NOW!" you screamed this time as the old man grabbed the shoulder of his friend and started to hobble towards the forest.

Once they were gone you could focus on recovering, your eyes wandered the battle field in search of clues as to why everyone was fighting. To your amazement you hadn't noticed it before, but you could see it clearly now, something very grand looking among the simple TIE fighters, it looked remarkably like a command shuttle and right on queue who should stroll right past you.

Kylo Ren.

You froze blocking your thoughts, because now all that was running through your head was the force and not the good side. His presence was intense, like someone had thrown a tonne of bricks over your head. You held you breath, like that would help, Kylo Ren could have what he wanted and you weren't doing a very good job of seeming innocent.

Fields, flowers, grass, birds, trees, water...erm...rivers, lakes, pebbles,dirt...

"Why are you doing that," Kylo's mechanical voice spoke, you'd never heard it before, heck you only knew his name because he was high up in the First Order.

"I am not doing anything," you fumbled trying to keep visuals on all the things you had previously being chuntering in your mind.

Meadows, cats, wildlife, dogs, animals, monkey...

"Stop that," it wasn't so much a shout, but you really wanted to obey him.

Trees, shed, Jimmy J, that that that Large Guy, wounds, healing, scars, scabs...WAIT HOW THE FUCK CAN HE HEAR WHAT I AM THINKING!

You couldn't see Ren's features nor could you even guess what he would look like under there but you knew in that moment he was smirking at you.

"Commander Ren, sir, shouldn't we get the girl aboard?" a trooper said in the distance, at which point you noticed the woman lying limp in his arms.

Kylo examined you for a second, as though he was sticking a mental GPS on you, you kept up your mantra and blocked him out with everything you could think up. It wasn't long before you realised you had been closing your eyes for a while and the next time you opened them, a woman stood in front of you, a woman you knew quite obviously as Princess Leia.