Chapter 12

"Your recent-" Hux searched for the appropriate words "incident with Dari-"

You raised an eyebrow body twitched, "MY recent incident?"

"If you choose to interrupt me again, I won't let you speak another word," his eyes bored into your skull like razor sharp blades of confidence, after everything you'd done and he wasn't even close to scared of what you were capable of, "are we clear?"

You nodded silently.

"Your recent incident with Darius will not go unnoticed by the other officers on board The Finalizer, people are questioning your motives within our ranks," he paused looked at you as if he would find the indication to the side you were on right then and there, "but I for one know that you are worth far more to us as an asset...provided you don't become a liability. Darius'-" another pause in search for the word, it wasn't hard for you but interjecting with murder, slaughter, killing, wasn't an option here "-death was needed." 

You pulled in a sharp breath ready to attack him with your words but remembered your inevitable termination and nodded releasing that breath.

"It has of course brought to our attention, you are far more than just a highly qualified engineer. Therefore in light of these circumstances it will be in Commander Ren's best interests to train you in the ways of the dark side, not only for him but for-"

"The First Order?" 

"Precisely." Hux said seeming to ignore the fact you'd  interrupted. 

"If I may General," you bit your tongue pierced him with a glare, "what makes you think I'd want to join the side of the dark?"

"You have two options, train with Kylo or leave The Finalizer, and when I say leave-"

"termination?" you finished for him.

He nodded and then proceeded, "you are of value to us, but by no means are we in need of one more Force user fighting  on the opposing side..." he stopped the pace he had started from the beginning in front of his desk, he looked across to you, arms folded.

"What about Darius?" 

"Darius is no longer any of our concern, you did me a favor by killing him before he-"

"I didn't kill him to do you a favor, I killed the bastard because he tried to rape me!" You snapped sprung from your chair hand raised and much the opposite of Kylo, Hux didn't budge from the force grip you held him in. 

"One word from me and I could have you in a far worst state than the one you put Darius in" Hux spat not phased by your threat.

"I may be one of your puppets now General, but I am by no means on the dark side, nor light. I'd much prefer to not have to take a stupid side-" you released him and his boots made an audible thump as they regained surface on the floor.

"We shall see. Commander Ren will wish to see you now I'm sure. Do you need escorting or are you going to be a good girl?" Hux said boiling your blood to scolding point. This time your raised hand sent the smart alec ginger hurtling towards the wall. 

"I'll behave for Kylo, General. But you, you're a different story...don't tempt me to break you." This time genuine fear flashed over his eyes, if only for a split second, but you'd gotten your message across.

As you were about to release the man the door burst open and Kylo spilled into the room, his force signature heavy on your shoulders.

"Ren-" Hux growled as you still held him in place, "give her hell."

As if the whole conversation hadn't been demoralising enough you were thrown to the floor by the force, Kylo pushed waves and waves of pain through your already pounding skull, you yelped but the noise was inaudible as though your limp body didn't even have the strength to push it out of your throat. Hux's boots arrived at your face on the ground and you felt as he used his fingers to angle your chin upwards so you could see his face, barely through the head ache you were receiving.