Chapter 23

"I want to go home I want to go home," you said through gritted teeth, trying to choke back the tears, "I am never going to be loved by-"

"Excuse me Miss but I couldn't help but notice...Miss..." someone called out to you from behind.

You continued on your path to subservience.

"Miss please..." she called again.

"Yes..." your eyes scanned down to her name tag, "Sumi?" You said rolling your eyes until you looked up to face her.

She had black hair that she had neatly curled up into a bun high on her head. Her bright shiny eyes looking into yours. Her face was kind and friendly, you almost felt guilty for walking away at first.

"Yes, well I just. I noticed you were crying. I thought you might like a tissue.."

"Huh? Oh. Well-" you muddled as she ducked her hand into her shirt pocket and outstretched it to yours, "thanks."

You took the tissue from the packet gingerly and brought it to your face to dab away the tears.

"That's okay Miss. Sorry to bother you. It wasn't my intention to seem forward. It's just I noticed you coming from Hux's office and well-" she paused for thought ringing her hands a bit nervous. As though she was a little scared of you, "-that was me yesterday you see. I'm supposed to be his PA but most of the time I go near him to actually do my job he near on kills me for just breathing," she half chuckled.

You smiled at her, "it's okay you've actually cheered me up. I'm sorry Hux treats you that way."

"Well the best part is I have only been here a few days. I wasn't stationed here. If he didn't want a PA why did he request one?" she gawked at you as though you held the key to her answer.

You shrugged, "Hux has a tendency to get into situations that sound (or feel) great to him at the time and then sort of (terminate) said situations" you said lowering your voice.

"Hmmm. Well it was nice to meet you..?" She sort of eyed your chest where a name tag would normally sit.

"Oh yes. I don't have my uniform on. It's ____" you smiled.

"Nice to meet you ____," she said taking your hand for a shake.

"You too Sumi thanks for the tissue," you smiled back.

"Maybe I'll see you around? Hux said something about coming to a training camp. Not to be rude but I know you're training with the Commander. Hux said we'd be visiting you," her eyes as glistening as they first appeared.

"Oh for fuc-" you stopped mid sentence as Kylo poured down the corridor like an explosion of hot black lava.

"Miss ____ did I not give you a specific task to attend to?" the mask spoke.

"Commander sir. Please forgive Miss ____. I held her up," Sumi squeaked.

"Well then Miss Kira I suggest you stop and return to Hux's office. Is it not your job to attend to any business he needs seeing to?" You could feel Kylo's tension in and out of his head. It was so thick in that moment you felt as though you could cut it with a knife.

"Forgive me sir. But that is indeed what I am here to see ____ for. On Hux's command," she clarified.

Kylo pushed Sumi against the wall, using the force, and faced her head on.

"Tell him. Tell the General if he goes near Miss ____ again I will personally see to it he receives all the help he desires. Until there's enough PAs in his office he no longer needs to seek my apprentices expert advice. Understood?"

"Yes Sir" Sumi whimpered. He let her go and she scurried like a little puppy back to Hux.

A/n Don't worry I know this is as short as chapters come, but it really didn't fit into the next one, so it's a double update this week!

Els x