Chapter 26

You sat on a hill, not too far from the base you'd been situated in. You'd managed to sneak a hot sandwich up with you; not having bumped into any troopers on the way. This wasn't the first time you'd made it up to the hill, the rain had stopped and the skies had cleared, giving wake to a blanket of silvery stars.

You sighed breath crystallising around you, pulling your cloak a little tighter, data pad wrapped securely inside it, your saber tucked behind that. You looked up at the stars, sighed again and then took another bite out of your sandwich, the plain taste a welcoming warmth to your stomach.

"Perhaps they don't have the men?" you asked no one in particular.

"Perhaps Jimmy J didn't really want me back, they just used him to get to me...to get to the First Order. Perhaps to them Kylo is just a pawn in something far bigger. Perhaps I am just the board the pieces play on..." you took one last bite and dusted off your hands.

You pulled out your data pad, looked at the message you'd sent:

*~I have some information for the Resistance: come to my co-ordinates, expect Kylo and around 100 troopers.~*

"Perhaps I have been too blunt...naive maybe?" you said before stuffing your data pad back in your cloak.

"What have you been too blunt about?" Kylo said coming up beside you.

"Oh." you paused searching the skies again, "just talking to myself."

"Do...you..would you...mind if I...joined you?" he stumbled on his words like a nervous teen asking his long time crush to prom.

"Erm. Can't exactly say no can I?" you sighed feeling more than a little awkward.

He stopped and turned on his heel and you're not sure why or how but your own voice escaped you.

"Of course you can join me Commander, I don't own this hill" you said a slight chuckle in your tone.

"Look ____, about today...I can't...we won't." he shuffled on the spot where he'd chosen to sit next to you.

You smiled looking at the sky.

"We won't be able to train well if we don't try to right our...misunderstandi-"

"There's nothing to right. It's done." you said bluntly, wanting more than ever your rescue mission to take you away.

"I meant what I said. I want you to..." he fidgeted one more time, "fuck."

The simple profanity snapped you out of your sulking daze, and you turned to face him. Watching him remove his helmet.

"Does anyone other than me know what you look like?" you said trying to lighten the heavy mood.

He let out a breath it forming mist around him, just as yours had. A sudden coldness washing over you.

"Yes." he said plainly and then there was a comfortable pause before he continued "those who have admittedly didn't get quite so excited as you did though."

Your heart leaped to your throat and you swallowed a cough that was about to escape, "there..there's something about you...that I quite clearly..can't" you stopped the fight you were having with yourself and just let the silence fill the air. The quietness causing a surge of thoughts to wash over you, the first time you had seen him on Takodana, the time you were taken prisoner by him, the time you were released. Your heart stopped.

You chewed the inside of your cheek, pulling your hood of your cloak up over your head, "it's cold," you said to draw him away from your embarrassment., but now your mind wouldn't stop, ever sexual encounter you had had with him flowing through and pouring out into the cracks of your projections to him. You settled on the images of him first forcing his needy cock into your mouth, the taste of him washing over you tongue.