Chapter 27

Now what am I supposed to do? Run back to the Resistance like some unsung hero? You argued with yourself.

If you'd have made up your stupid fucking mind in the first place ____ none of this would have happened!

You picked up your pace to join where the small battle had started, Kylo or someone must have called reinforcements because by the time you arrived x-wings and TIE fighters were fighting in the sky and Resistance pilots were fighting Storm Troopers on foot.

Why did I do this?

"____!" the familiar voice of Jimmy J shouted as he ran towards you, the man you remembered him as was less familiar now. You watched him run towards you through fights to embrace you, he'd lost a lot of weight he was: sprightly.

You recoiled from his hug, "um hey.." you shrugged not looking him in the eyes.

"What's wrong lass are you hurt?" he looked concerned turning to shoot a Trooper who had strayed from their own fights.

"No, it's just this I'm not sure..." you reached into your cloak and pulled out your saber holding it by your thigh, ready to dodge any stray bullets that might find their way to you.

"Ally, I wouldn't trust her..."

"Sumi?" you and Jimmy both simultaneously asked.

"The Resistance sent me to go under cover in the First Order," she said no longer in her uniform, "originally I trusted you and heck I wanted to but I saw you on the hill-top with Kylo.."

"Sumi, that's enough, you may have sent this distress signal weeks ago and we thank you, but ____ sent one hours ago too, I am certain we can trust her now.." Leia said as she joined you, most of the battle that had gone off around you had stopped and only the planes remained firing at one another.

"I have something for you," you admitted handing Ally the data pad over, "it's disabled but if you access it's hard drive it has the intel you asked for," Leia was about to thank you but it was too late.

Kylo's force signature poured over the land making you squirm, you already needed him desperately and now he was making you want to kneel.

You had to be strong.

He entered the scene with reinforcements and it all happened too quickly for you to comprehend, it took two miss shots but before Sumi could run back to the Resistance ship Leia had come from she was shot down. She cried in pain but it was drowned out by the sound of x-wings beginning their attacks on Kylo and his army. He used his saber to dodge some random green beams that were being shot down from the skies.

Jimmy J started to pull at your arm and you half-heartily ran with him, knowing full well that you didn't belong on either side.

Everything you'd sought to avoid in life, was happening right in front of you, the battle of who gets to keep the force user in this endless pointless war.

Jimmy tripped on one of his fellow Resistance partners as people ran back to their ships, you'd lost Leia in the attack but your eyes soon found her close by your retreat party.

You felt her conscience pour over the field into Kylo's mind, which washed into yours.

This isn't what you are son. You're so much more. Don't become like him...

You broke away from Jimmy's grasp so you could see to Leia's impending doom, no one else needed to die in this. Not his mother as well. Jimmy joined the others on the ship and they had started to turn on the engines, but Leia was faltering more and more, her run becoming a jog, her jog a walk and then: silence.