Chapter 33

"I failed you, Ben. I'm sorry." You heard Luke say as you watched the scene unfold in front of you, a plume of red dust seeming to be constantly snaking through the air around the ships screens.

"I'm sure you are!" this time came Kylo's voice, you looked over at Hux who seemed nervous, the other crew members were trying and failing to busy themselves in anything but the family feud unfolding before your eyes.

You tried to focus on the window the ships interior, but every time Kylo spoke your body's impulse was to lock onto him. The sensation had you thrown toward the scene whilst being sat comfortably on board, and yet you can taste the air, salty and cold.

"The Resistance is dead," after Kylo's next statement you heaved yourself back into the ship, the sheer effort it had taken to pull away from Kylo's signature making your body shake.

"The war is over. And when I kill you...I will have killed the last Jedi," Kylo spat and you could have sworn you had heard it from within the ship.

"Excuse me Miss, you're shaking--" the lady sat beside you gently placed a warm palm on your forearm the action had worked to keep you inside the ship for now. You lulled against her, your stomach reeling as you dragged your heavy head away from her.

Amazing.

Every word of what you just said...

was wrong.

The Rebellion is reborn today.

The war...

is just beginning.

And I will not be THE LAST JEDI

You squeezed her hand pulling it off your arm, "I'm fine--it's Kylo, he's making me watch, I can't stop it, it's like he wants to prove a point--"

She may have said something but before you could move closer to her lips to hear it, you were flung back through the window and out into the red dirt.

I'll destroy her...

and you...

and all of it.

Kylo barked right beside you. You had decided it was probably going to be better if you stood watching them, rather than trying your best not to be there. You sighed looking at the pair for the first time, Kylo's red saber glinting off the unbroken surface of white snow, but further fuelling the glow of the unearthed red dirt. Then you looked at Luke's blue saber, like a dazzling rippled fountain of water pouring out of it's base.

Luke...his saber...

You pulled away from them both, brought your senses back to the ship with ease. The girl next to you had put her arms around your shoulders perhaps out of sympathy of your earlier statement, or more likely to keep you on the seat. You smiled at her gesture, hopping down from the chair and forcing your way to the door release at the back of the ship. You pushed it hard and stumbled out of the ship before the ramp was all the way down, before Hux had chance to bombard you with a lecture.

"No. Strike me down in anger and I'll always be with you," you heard Luke say in the distance his tone, wise and calming.

"Kylo wait stop," you felt your feet pound the untouched white floor with such immense force you thought you might have snapped your ankles by the time you reached the pair. You pushed hard against the floor to get the traction you needed to sprint up to them, the lactic acid building in your throat was enough to get you to pull up short and heave the last remnants of what was keeping you functioning up.

"Just like your father," you heard Luke say, practically in between them now, just one more push and you could block Kylo's next blow.

"Kylo!" you spluttered closing the gap between the three of you, he had been preparing to aim one last swooping blow at the old man, but instead of tearing him in two, his blade ricocheted off yours, "he's not real Ben!"

"No," he murmured as you turned to touch your blade straight through the holographic figure in front of you both.

"She's smarter than you, you should keep her, she might teach you something I am afraid I never could," he smiled at you and you could see his inner pain, he was hurting badly, trying to hold on forever, "see you around, kid."

"No!" Kylo wailed watching you carefully as the figure behind you evaporated.

"Fuck, it's you... it's-" Kylo had screamed the profanity but now he was dawning on you angry but confused.

You took a step back noticing an armarder of people running towards you both, ready to power into the building and take what they had come for. The Resistance.

You let them pass you, even him. You let them go.

A/N okay so a short little chapter here which I am so excited to say leads up into a whole fuck tonne of smut. I've been desperate to write some for so long with Kylo 😍.

Hope you enjoy this!

Love ya Els x