Chapter 38

You stepped out of your ship, docked on the edge of the Resistance base. You were sure if not positive they would have seen your TIE fighter flying over them.

Walking forward from the ship you were hit immediately with the hot and sticky air.

Why did I have to choose to wear this outfit? You thought but admittedly it was short lived after your mind fled to where you would likely end up soon enough.

Stealing a ship wasn't exactly a hard task, even if you had needed an advanced TIE for the hyperdrive. You were a force user and yet no one had particularly saw you as a threat. Either way it wouldn't have mattered, convincing people of things they didn't truly believe was very easy using the force.

The further you walked into the bush the more sweat seemed to be pouring down your back. It really had been cold working and living in the First Order. You couldn't remember the last time you'd been so warm...you cursed yourself for bringing the thought up.

The last time you had been so warm had been spent in the company of Kylo.

You grumbled hacking down a tree vine and scrambling over a boulder. You thought perhaps you might have enjoyed the trek more if you weren't voluntarily walking up to your apparent doom.

As you made it to the opening of the rebel base, you were quickly made aware you weren't to leave the edge of the tree line. When at least fifty or so people aimed an array of weaponary at you.

You scanned the scene for the General and when your eyes found hers and she stepped forward you smiled at her, "it's a touch dramatic isn't it?"

"Did you lead the First Order to my base?" Were the only words she managed, looking back at you with seriousness.

"No, they don't know where I've gone. They can't track that ship I modified it before I left and no I'm not here to kill you or wreak havoc. I just want to help--"

She cut you off, expecting everything you were saying was a lie, "help us what? Help our systems fail, help out team walk straight into a trap?"

"--I saved you that day!" You snapped taking a step forward.

The guns all seemed to perfect their aim on you and you halted your movements.

Leia looked at you, "leave here--"

"Leia. That is General. I...may I please speak with you alone? I just want to talk," you begged, pleading to her to not cast you away. Pleading to prove your worth.

"Under one circumstance, Rey stays with me," Leia said and you wondered if she had sensed your hatred for Rey, sensed it and made sure to use it against you.

You bit your tongue and took in a deep breath, "lead the way."

As the sea of people parted for you, Rey moved her way through the crowd to stand behind you. You could have sworn she was wearing the exact same thing you'd seen her wear the last time you had came into contact with her.

Rey didn't say a word, only followed behind you as you followed behind Leia. A heavy silence fell over the place and you could have sworn you could hear your own breathing.

Leia rounded a few corners and weaved between some parked ships, but still, peoples attentions were drawn to you.

As you made your final snaking path you came upon a tent which had been larger than most of the others you had passed. You found yourself shuffling awkwardly inside with your chaperones. Thankfully the air was less intense in here and the atmosphere for that matter too.

Leia had sat on a chair and Rey stood in the back corner.

"I'm assuming you're currently waiting on a mission to retrieve some information regarding the First Order? I would have saved you a trip but I only found out myself around the time I left--"