Chapter 10

A/N Guys, this scene includes attempted rape. I don't want to upset or offend anyone so please read with caution.

Your cheeks were hot. Your room still in tatters, scorch marks and mattress stuffing everywhere. You'd not eaten, not spoken, not moved since you'd re-entered your room. Heck you weren't even convinced you'd blinked through the mass of tears that were still burning rivers down your cheeks. Each tear felt like sand paper dragging red scorched paths along them.

You sniffed once, the first audible noise that had left you since Darius. The tears stopped and you stood. The short walk to your bathroom so refreshing, but upon seeing it's pristine manner in comparison to the rest of your room, threatening the tears again.

You heard your data pad buzz and quickly searched the mess to find it.

*~___ I'm sorry about earlier. I had to show authority, to be honest I didn't want all of us to get in the shit.~*

You stopped reading the message, "no you just didn't want to get in the shit," you burned as your eyes scanned the rest.

*~I'm not sacking you don't worry. Darius explained the whole thing, he said he'd been provoking you all day. Kylo and Hux didn't seem to feel the need to start an inquest. I haven't been in touch yet as I have just finished for the day. I know it is late but I'd really appreciate if you could go and run through the diagnostic's in The Command Shuttle as soon as possible. It needs doing today and I haven't even eaten yet. Thanks and again I'm sorry, but there's nothing to worry about.~*

You grimaced perhaps you had been harsh on Darius, after all he'd taken the blame for you. Maybe he wasn't so bad after all. If just a little misunderstood. 

"She hasn't even eaten?" You scoffed lugging on your boots you assumed you'd taken off in an earlier tantrum, "I haven't even eaten. Stupid work. Stupid Command Shuttle," you rattled off as you turned back to face the bathroom. 

Your saber laid in the middle it's reflection shining off the white tiles. 

"But I suppose..." you ducked to pick it up and stuffed it into your skirt, pulling your skirt over the top, "...yeah completely unnoticeable."

You left the mess behind and made a be line for the shuttle.

~~~

Ramp raised-check. Diagnostic's in progress-check. Saber in hand-check.

You pushed the button and the beam of purple pointed skyward. You examined the base, sure it had never looked so shiny. Had Kylo polished it too. You weren't sure but the reflection of yourself in the metal was haunting -you looked infected-cheeks the colour of Kylo's saber and eyes ringing with dark circles. 

But nevertheless you pressed on. Standing feet shoulder width apart. You started by trying to move the laser blade between your hands swiftly you wanted a clean transition, to move it quickly without chopping your hand off in the process. You'd been practising a few minutes before you perfected it at speed you even added a few hand twists in before throwing it between them. 

Whilst practising your mind wandered to the other force user on The Finalizer, wondering if he could force jump, you'd love to learn that move. You'd tried it only once before and face planted the concrete pretty hard on the landing, having sported a scabbed up face for a few days after it. 

You thought that you were pretty sure you'd be able to block a few of Kylo's swings but you weren't as sure you could make a few. Blocking was easy enough it was attacking you struggled to conquer against thin air. 

Several more minutes went by, the added space a blessing to your lack of talent. The diagnostic's were almost complete and you'd retracted your blade to do the final checks.