Prologue - Part 1

The world had pretty much gone to shit. Your world, their world, the next world. No one was safe from the First Order. Unless of course you worked for the First Order.

You weren't one for politics. Good...bad. None of it mattered to you. You wanted a piece of both sides.

You had always known you could use the force, ever since being young, but with no family and no friends why should you tell anyone? You'd only have to suffer watching the Resistance and the First Order fight over you. No, that didn't appeal to you, not at all. You'd roam along, living the life you wanted and no one could tell you how to use your power and why should they, it was yours to do as you pleased.

You had never met another force user, people didn't know much about it any more. With Skywalker missing and Starkiller base keeping the galaxy in order, people didn't really tend to ask. 

You'd been on Takodana for exactly a month and eight days, it was vast and beautiful and green, but it wasn't home, no where was any more. It was just where you had happened to find yourself after the last time you nearly got caught. 

You'd last been on Ilum stealing crystals, because you had always wanted to try and build a functioning light saber. You'd managed to escape with your goods, but only just. The locals didn't take kindly to their holy crystals being stolen, besides you wouldn't really want to steal something that you didn't intend to use and if you did intend (which you did) to use them, then they'd have figured you were force-sensitive and just like that the battle of who get's to keep you would have commenced.

~~~

You'd woken up early on this particular morning, making yourself a cup of tea you slunk back onto your bed, it wasn't much to look at, you'd convinced the owner of the small brick building to let you sleep there, when they had found you one day doing just that.

---

"Make one sudden move and I will kill you," there was a knife placed against your throat your eyes hadn't even fully adjusted to the growing sunlight in the room.

"Hey, hey slow down, I'm not going to hurt you," you had mumbled rubbing your eyes and looking up to see the culprit of the dull threat. 

A fat particularly rotund man, old and grey. If the knife hadn't have been on your throat he wouldn't have stood a chance against you, "why are you in my shed then?"

"Well I needed a place to stay, I have had worse, look I am only going to be here for two months, if you can spare me, this...shed, until then I can make it worth your while," you smiled standing and stretching off the make shift bed you had structured a few days prior.

"How do you know what's worth my while girl?" he jabbed the knife from earlier into the air and spun round to a stack of papers, placing that down and picking them up. As they came into view you noticed what they were and you knew at that point exactly what was worth his while. Having visited so many different places, you'd come to steal things of significant value and you always seemed to find them worthwhile at the best of times.

"You collect them?" you gestured.

"Oh yeah, all my years, I nearly finished, you see, I need eighty-nine and thirty-two...you read these girl? They're pass your time, besides don't see how this is relevant they only published a hundred copies of eighty-nine before Jimmy J passed away, not had any more since."

"Jimmy J comics were my favourite, just because they're past my time," you lied. Five months ago you'd stolen the only mint copy left of the eighty-ninth comic, you knew you'd sell it for a pretty penny, but you thought this would have to do, besides it was just a dumb old man comic.