Chapter 32

You looked at yourself in the Durasteel. Nonchalantly walking through the chaos on the ship. You admired your outfit admittedly it was very flattering but your face had seen better days. Your intentions to re-join Kylo and Hux in the shuttle seemed to falter each step you took. Your fingers ebbed back from your saber which you hadn't realised you'd been stroking out of comfort.

"Why do I constantly have to baby him?" a few more laboured steps.

"No you know what I don't even care let him have Rey...she's prettier...better with the force... she clearly has a bond with him-"

"____," your name resonated from behind you snapping you from your chiding. You knew the voice it was dip dyed with her signature, somewhere between senses, or perhaps something small and crying.

"Lu-?" You turned to face Lucia but was knocked backwards as she squished you into a hug, obscured by something which seemed to be sandwiched between you.

"Why are you here she sobbed," pulling away to what you could now see was her huge bump.

"Oh-" your mind faded off as you stared blatantly at her stomach, "I was in the neighbourhood..."

"I am so sorry for nearly killing you..." more tears fell from her cheeks.

"It's fine. I assure you if I had wanted you off me I could have capably done so."

She smiled now, laughed even, perhaps it was the hormones but the bump on her stomach had seemed to have mellowed your opinion of her.

"So..." she cooed now, "does Kylo know you are in the neighbourhood...?" she loved the gossip, way too much for her own good, I mean it wasn't as though the ship was exploding or anything.

"Well yes... I...we...him and Hux..." you stumbled as you grabbed her hand impatiently. You began pulling her along at a brisk pace to keep her moving.

"You saw Hux!!! You've seen fucking Hux and I'm carrying his baby!?" she fumed and your intentions to keep her mind off the fact you were practically dragging her to the shuttle doors seemed to have been accomplished.

"Yes I saw him. I'm taking you to him now. Please don't whittle on about how you've been looking for him. I know. I can hear your thoughts. Likewise they're not in the right order. I'm entirely hung over and I can't deal with the shambles that's going on not only in your brain but in your stomach too. I don't think you quite realise how impossibly hard it is to block when you're hung over."

"You can hear my babies thoughts too?" she gawked stumbling over her own feet as she now danced to keep up with you.

"Yes..." you paused for reflection - how to explain the force to someone who wasn't sensitive to it popped into your brain - "No...I can't explain it, she doesn't understand English yet so it's more like the weight of her presence."

"It's a girl!" she shouted now.

Your mental despair flooded your complexion and you tried and failed to carry on walking without acknowledging her question.

Without a response from you Lucia frowned her pace had slowed and now she was almost stationary, you turned to face her. She was pouting and staring at the ground, you hadn't needed the force to see the cogs in her brain physically turning to form a coherent sentence, "I've been begging Hux to ask Kylo for months to tell me the gender," you gave a lopsided smile, too agitated to keep up a facade. Angry at the fact you were stupid enough to let go of her hand earlier, you regained it and started a steady pace once more to get her to the command shuttle before the three of you died a horrible death.

"It's not an exact science you know Lu," you groaned trying to keep her intentions on walking.

You turned to look at her sulking face before a throbbing pain pulsed through your skull, "fuck" you wheezed Lucia overtaking you now.