Chapter 34

You sat in one of the last remaining ships in the First Order's fleet. Staring out of the large window into space as you disdainfully poured a mug of runny instant coffee. It looked disgusting, it didn't smell much better, but having been your only choice on this ship, you downed it.

Space was so unbelievably boring from this angle, you thought as you slumped into a cafeteria chair that was facing the window.

Someone to your left was nudging her comrade in the ribs and whispering and pointing you out to the rest.

"That's her.." you heard one of them mumble, you let go of your will to live letting your head fall against the table. There was a small pain from the action but it was soon subdued by your lack of caring.

"It is, it's her. It's Kylo's girl..."

"Alright shut up she's right there," there was a brief pause to their cabal before another whispered loudly, "what a slut though..."

"Yeah she's a bit sad isn't she, like, you would have thought she would have just stayed--"

You lifted your head up and then twisted your body around, "Excuse me but do you have something to ask me? Say to me? If you weren't being so fucking loud about your clear disliking towards me, I would be able to hear it in your fucking tiny brains anyways-" they seemed taken aback by this, as though they had all seemingly forgotten your force capabilities.

From this particular group a lanky ginger man walked out, his lapel brandished with a junior officer pin. You kept your blank facade, now desperate to hear what the young bearded man had to say, "There's been plenty of rumours going around about you and the Commander, you know?"

"Oh really, take a seat. Let's discuss them? Come come, I don't bite..." You said gritting your teeth and patting the stool at the side of yours.

He seemed angry by your action and in order to show off more for his friends his next statement took a bitter tone, "yeah...everyone has been saying you fell in love with him and he won't love you back so you left. It was either that or Snoke kicked you out because you don't actually have any force powers."

"Fascinating," you said nonchalantly turning back around to face the window. Grabbing your coffee and taking a large sip.

"So it's true then, you fell in love with the Commander?" a younger girl said snidely.

"Ugh it's not worth it Jenny she's just a slut who can't admit she's patheti--" the rest of the redhead's sentence was cut short by a sound of intense struggled gargling sounds.

Your fingers were twitching against your coffee, the bright white lights reflecting the boy's hovering body in the window perfectly for you to revel in his pleading eyes.

You turned around to face him and the group, "now if you would kindly take your profanities about me elsewhere..." you brought your coffee back to your lips, twisting your fingers to tighten the grip on the boy's neck. After a pause and glance about the room to see everyone had their attentions on you now, you continued "oh...oh no that's right, I can hear everything you say wherever you are on the ship and if you chose to show off in front of me again I'd suggest you bring a little more than your underage harem and your junior officer pin," you snarled.

The ginger gave one more pleading glance knowing his body would soon give in and without your permission he came hurtling to the ground.

Your eyes shot to the door eyes falling on Kylo's. You swallowed what saliva you had left in your mouth and brought your attention to the ginger who was unconscious on the floor.

You should know better.

You didn't respond to him.

You couldn't because you knew what was about to come. You took in a deep breath and felt the weight of your body lifted by his signature.