Chapter 46- Bill

Bill

"I don't see a point in you being nice. I'm not telling you anything."

Bill sunk lower into the couch of the living room. They had moved him from the chair to the couch on the third day. It was now the fourth.

"Has it ever crossed your mind that I'm a nice person?"

He and Majesty had been talking for hours at a time. She'd sent him food and gave him time in the bathroom, supervised of course. Like he was stupid enough to drown himself. He was fed, clothed, as much as he didn't want to admit it, he was mostly unharmed.

The only time she'd hurt him was if he didn't answer her questions. As long as he talked, she was calm.

"Let me think," He pretended to be deep in thought. "No."

George stood a few feet away, sweat forming on his forehead. He looked more scared than Bill.

"I wish to change your perspective of things, Bill."

"Well, Maj," Bill mocked. "My brother would strongly disagree that I change perspectives."

Majesty got up, taking a water bottle from a mini-fridge in the corner. "You want anything?"

"For you to kill yourself," Bill retorted.

Majesty just smirked and returned to where she was sitting. "All I want,"

Bill groaned. "Is to get your sister back, blah, blah, blah. You're so pathetic, being an assassin and all. You've had a rough life, congrats. Guess what? I've had a pile of shit for a life. Grab a shovel. Learn to deal with it."

One of the guards cleared their throats.

"Oh shut up, Steve," Bill waved his hand. "I want my brother back, too, but you killed him. Excuse me for not being eager to tell you what I know."

Majesty's eyes hardened.

"Maddison. Is. Dead."

Majesty threw the water bottle at Bill, throwing a punch at him across the table. They'd moved within punching distance on day two. That's when he found out she had anger issues. Not that he didn't know before, but now it was a lot more evident. And painful.

Bill grunted.

"Take him away. Now! Take him away!"

He didn't wait for the guards to reach him, exiting the room on his own accord. While he walked back to the room, he heard screams and sounds of crashing. "Crazy bitch," Bill mumbled.

"Shut up," a guard said, shoving him forward.

"Chill, Steve, that wasn't meant for you."

He could pretend he was having a fun time all he wanted, but when alone, Bill was aching for a drink. Majesty had said all sorts of things to him. He saw how violent she could get, how unstable. And yet a part of him was drawn to her words. She spoke about Phi like she'd grown up there. She knew about the mentors and the curfew rules. She knew about the path Mike took to go into town and get food and about the stream Bill sat by when he wanted to alone. It was like she had been a part of it.

"You've been used for something you don't understand," she had told him over and over again, but he never heard the rest because he didn't want to listen.

He had talked back and then received nothing but a smile. He let the thought bounce off of him like a ball, but it the moments he had nothing to do but think, he wondered what she wanted to say.

He could never side with her, not after what she did to Mike, but he had started to understand her. If he was being honest with himself, that made him want to shit his pants.