Chapter 33- Cassandra

Cassandra

She ducked, her eyes still trained on Andrew, standing on the dance floor as panic crossed his face. He turned and threw himself over the older lady clutching to his arm.

The drug slipped from table, smashing against the ground.

Cassandra reached, pulling Gomez by the collar. “What did you do? Who did you tell?”

He shook his head, hands on his ears as more gunshots rang out. “No one, I swear.”

“Then, how did they know you were giving it to me tonight?”

He stammered for words and explanations, but the new wave of bullets coming from the overhead balconies was the only thing in Cassandra’s focus. Her mind reeled.

She could leave Gomez and his wife, but then she wouldn’t have any chance of getting the drugs before they’re sent out.

She’ll think of something to get the vials. Later.

Andrew was nowhere to be seen, meaning she would have to get Gomez and his wife out on her own.

She cast them a look and upon seeing their pale cheeks and wide eyes, she cursed. “Wait here,” she said to them, handing them Mike’s knife she had pulled from thigh. “Don’t lose that knife. I mean it."

Gomez’s wife held the blade shakily, before handing it to her husband like it was poisonous.

Cassie dashed from the side of the table, reaching her seat and unhooking her bag from the backrest. Stella and Tina’s guns were stashed inside, awaiting to be used. She’d put them there and hoped she wouldn’t need them.

Rising up, she noticed the chaos. A few people lay on the floors, some injured, others far more than that.

Blood stained the tiles, cutlery strewn about the floors, along with an occasional women’s shoe.

Cassie open fired at the attackers, but the odds of her hitting someone weren’t good. The spotlights were beaming in her face and the upstairs was dark. She was just wasting ammunition.

Not having a lot of time to think, she ran to Gomez once again. “We have to leave while there’s still people around.”

Once everyone that can, runs away, they’ll be trapped.

“When I say run, you run and don’t look back. Get your driver and go to the safe house we spoke about. I’ll come to you. Don’t call anyone and don’t open the doors. Got it?”

She didn’t wait for a reply, starting to fire back once again. “Run,” she yelled.

Gomez rose from the floor, his wife on his arm and they sprinted towards the exit. Cassie followed behind at a slower pace, firing so the men couldn’t get a clear shot.

There could have been 3 or 33 people, she didn't know.

I’m going to die, she thought.

She couldn’t hold their fire back with two guns. And they wouldn’t miss forever.

Someone slammed into her from the side and Stella’s pistol slipped from her hands, sliding away on the tiles. A man was on top of her, his knife pulled.