Chapter 31- Chloe

Chloe

She laughed when the guy across from her spilled a drink onto his friend. "Man, you're wasted," the guy said, taking off his shirt. Chloe laughed again. Didn't guys know they should wear clothes in public?

"Chloe," Martina leaned in to whisper. She had let her hair loose, tucking it behind one ear. "He's hot."

Chloe didn't share her opinion, but nodded and giggled. "I think you could get on well with him," Martina said, huffing out smoke above her head. Chloe took the joint from her hand and pulled in a smoke. She was seated on the floor of Martina's bedroom, with two random guys across from them. She didn't really remember how she got there.

"He's not my type," she said, getting up to close the bedroom window.

"Who is your type then?"

"Females," she said, leaning on the window sill and rolling another joint. She had spent enough time rolling them, she could do it anywhere at any time.

Martina laughed, bending over.

"Why are we laughing?" Chloe asked, joining her.

"Laughing is fun," Martina admitted.

Chloe agreed with that. She hadn't laughed this much in a long time and she liked it. Maybe these parties weren't such a bad idea, after all. She reached for her drink on the night stand. Her hand went through the cup and the beer spilled on the floor. "I'm a ghost," Chloe murmured. She touched her sweater and face, staring down at her arms. She sure was pale like a ghost.

"You're fucking high," Martina said, raisin g her cup and winking at Chloe. "I'll drink to that." She raised her cup. "Arriba, abajo, al centro y adentro!"

"You could have just said 'Cheers', not speak gibberish," one of the guys said.

Chloe giggled watching Martina realize her cup was empty. She groaned, sprawling out on the floor. "I wish I had a cup that would never empty."

"You should go to Hogwarts, I'm sure they have those," the shirtless guy said.

Chloe lolled her head to the side, listening with fascination. She couldn't remember where she'd heard about Hogwarts. Irene must've mentioned it. "I think my friend went to Hogwarts," she said.

Martina shot up into a sitting position, her mouth falling open. "No way."

She looked kind of like Diana when Chloe had taken her to the mall. Diana was cute when she was happy. She was cute all the time. "Sorry what?" Chloe asked, blinking.

Martina shrugged. "What what?"

Chloe burst into laughter. "I don't know."

"Y'all wanna dance?" the shirtless guy asked. Chloe didn't remember his name.

"Hell yes." Martina hopped to her feet. "I'm gonna get another drink. But you can come with," she said, linking arms with the shirtless dude.

Chloe pushed off the window sill, doing the same with the other dude. This one had a shirt on. It looked blinding white against the guy's dark skin. He was about her height, handsome, with dark brown eyes and dark hair. He reminded her of someone, but she couldn't put her finger on it.

She entered the crowd of people, her heart speeding up. She let out an excited yelp when the music changed rhythm. The two of them reached the middle of the dance floor. The beat pulsed through the floor. Chloe felt like the world was an assortment of sounds and wiggling lights. She threw her hands in the air, swinging her hips. The movement came naturally as if she's done it a million times before.