Chapter 18- Andrew

Andrew

"He gave me a green light," Cassandra said. She had called for a team meeting inside the office they had first met up. It felt empty now that there wasn't a sixth person to fill the circle.

Andrew became hyper aware of the tattoo of his chest. It was his fault Lee was dead. He had done his best to help Squad 6, but there was only so much he could do. He couldn't go against Majesty, not while she had Maya. Not while he owed Maya the lives of his mother and siblings.

Most of these kids are orphans, Andrew realized as he looked around. Cassandra had a few papers sprawled out in front of her, looking through them as she spoke.

"We should be going as soon as Damon gets back to me with the results of the vile."

"Wait, he hasn't told you who made them yet?" Bill asked."What if he can't find the manufacturer?"

"He was close when we were leaving."

They had stayed with Damon and Emma for longer than they intended.

Andrew never thought he'd have to watch anything more heart-breaking than his father hitting his mother. After seeing Diana break down as they buried her best friend, he wasn't so sure.

Ç'est ta faute, the little voice in his head whispered. It's your fault. Usually, the voices in our heads whisper nothing but empty promises and horrible lies, but Andrew knew this lie was about to become his truth.

He wished he could unhear every detail about these people and their lives, everything he'd picked up on, because not so far in the future, he will use it against them.

"Okay," Bill sighed. It was the first time Andrew had seen him back away from a confrontation.

Cassandra sighed. "Before I let you go and rest, there's something I need to tell you."

Please don't. Not in from of me, Andrew thought.

"I know some of you have a motivation to go after Majesty. She has killed your family," Her eyes flicked over to Bill. "Friends," They moved to Diana. "But I also know some of you don't want to be here." They were on Chloe. "Before we go into this, I need to know where we stand."

Silence ensued. Andrew's stomach twisted.

"Who's Maddison?"

Cassie looked up at Diana. "She's not important right now."

"With all the respect, she is. My best friend died because Majesty was looking for that girl." She swallowed hard. "I need to know who he died for."

Diana's face was determined as she spoke, her green eyes full of contempt, but not to anyone in the room. She was out for revenge.

Cassandra broke eye contact.

"Maddison is Snakehead's daughter." She looked at Bill as she said this, like she was looking for support, recognition. Or maybe Andrew was projecting. There weren't many who would support his choices. Or the choices he was going to make.

"Why would Majesty go after Snakehead's daughter?" Diana asked.

"Because," she stopped. "because Maddison is Majesty's sister."

Diana didn't look nearly as surprised as Andrew had when he found out.

"I'm in," she said, leaning back into her wheelchair.

Cassandra looked at Andrew.

He nodded. "Me too."

She turned to Bill.