Chapter 13- Bill

Bill

"Who're you?" an older lady asked when Cassie took off the uniform jacket.

Bill lingered in the back room behind the reception desk, pretending to keep busy with reading an invoice. Chloe had gone past him a few minutes before and he had just enough time to place the bombs in the cleaning cart before Cassandra came through the back door.

"The new cleaning staff," Cassie said. Bill looked up briefly, not used to her British accent. It was a pretty convincing one though and he wondered if she may have spent some time in the UK after she left Phi. Even if she did, she wouldn't tell him.

"Cleaning staff? First the new waiter, then that handsome lad at the reception desk and now you. Nobody had mentioned anything."

Cassie let out an awkward laugh. "It was all so sudden, they must've forgotten."

The older lady murmured something, putting on her coat and leaving.

Cassie walked out behind the front desk, where Bill was already back to standing and checking in a couple.

"One hour," she whispered just loud enough for him to hear and proceeded to climb the stairs to the first floor.

He checked his watch when the couple departed with their room key-card.

That had been forty-five minutes ago.

He seated himself behind the reception with a sigh and unbuttoned his uniform jacket. A group of French tourists had come to collect their key-card, chatting Bill's ear off. He nodded at them and smiled, pretending to listen to their requests.

"London is so beautiful, but the rain is really, how you say, make me annoy."

"It make me annoy too," Bill murmured, clearing his throat.

They had agreed to go a full hour before any explosives. It would give Cassandra the time to set them up and allow Chloe to gather as much intel as she could and get the drug. But Cassandra should have checked in at the half-hour mark.

Bill was hesitant to find out what Majesty had invented. He had never seen her, never spoken to her, but he had a reason to hate her. Snakehead had sent his brother on a mission, but it was Majesty that killed him. Because she posed a threat, he lost everything.

He looked around, bored. There was no sign of commotion and it was a good thing, but he still wished to take action. His hands and lips ached, wanting a drink. He bounced his leg, tapping his knee. Why had she not checked in?

She probably doesn't care that you're waiting, he thought. Cassandra had disappeared after his brother's mission. She had been a team leader, the very person who had deemed Bill and Chase Xiao incompetent to join the rest of them. And she didn't come back until she needed something.

Ten minutes.

"Hey Peters, imma go have a smoke, mind taking over for five?" Bill called to another receptions.

The young guy nodded, his eyes glued to the table. Anyone looking from the other side would think Peters was a hard worker. Bill watched as he pursed his lips in frustration, restarting the video game and trying to beat his high score for the fifth time that day.

Once in the back room, he put his ear piece in.

"Foxtail, has Cat Eye checked in yet?" he asked, pressing the comm button.

"Not with me, no," Lee replied.

"Right, well, can you check her GPS? I have hunch."

"Sure." There was a pause. "She's down in the—"